Dailymotion has estimated more than 300 million registered users. That is almost one-tenth of the entire world’s population registered on a single website. That is the mammoth size of a video sharing website. Like Dailymotion, there are plenty of other video sites like Vimeo, Twitch, YouTube, Veoh, Liveleak, etc. all of which command a global span of the user base.
Websites like Dailymotion and Youtube have been in existence for more than a decade and are still updating to grasp more and more users. However, even if there are platform giants like Dailymotion it doesn’t mean that there is no room for newcomers and shakes these platforms.
But anyone who is looking to take head-on with these giants needs to read A complete guide to Dailymotion and know its development cost as well as make strategic planning regarding the execution of your website and application. Welcome to the Tech Pathway blog, today we are going to share with you A complete guide to Dailymotion and know its development cost as well as discuss some key features that your platform will need.
The video-sharing platform was first launched on 15 March 2005 in Paris, France by Benjamin Bejbaum and Olivier Poitrey. The website was created by collecting money from 6 individuals and later in September, 2006 Dailymotion raised investment by collaborating with Atlas Ventures and Partech International. By the end of 2019, Dailymotion became so successful that it attracts around 300 million people on a monthly basis. Like Youtube Dailymotion also provides an API that other websites and applications use in order to embed Dailymotion videos on their website and application.
The business model of Dailymotion is the same as Youtube which means they generate revenue by showing ads on their platform. The on-demand video-sharing platform also helps users monetize their videos in order to help them earn a substantial income. However, unlike YouTube where they pay you around $1 for 1000 ad views, Dailymotion pays the same amount for 500 ads views. That makes it a better choice for creators but since YouTube owns the majority of share (around 1 billion registered users) in the on-demand video sharing platform it is a tough competition between both of the platforms. In addition to that, the daily limit of uploaded videos on the Dailymotion is 96 videos per user or 2 hours of total video, as well as Dailymotion, has also restricted the length per video to be 60 minutes. According to an article on Worth of Web, Dailymotion’s total net worth is around $874 million.
How to make money using your video sharing platform
- Ad sense: Adsense is another great way to earn money by monetizing your application as well as the website. Adsense can generate a substantial amount of revenue until you don’t have enough users to start your own advertisement and sponsorship.
- Affiliate marketing: Affiliate marketing with the use of videos is a great way to make money using your video sharing platform. You can ask creators on your platform as well as provide them with opportunities to connect with brands in order to earn.
- Advertisement: A video sharing platform can be also used as an Advertisement platform to help small creators who have a small following for any type of brand sponsorship to make money.
- Sell curated/original video content: Currently, Original video content is high in demand which means by creating your own content as well as by selling that content you can earn revenue. Even YouTube has YouTube originals that come in subscription packages.
- Subscriptions: Allowing users to pay to get a subscription in order to let them use your platform and watch video ad-free is also another way to generate revenue.
Key features of your on-demand video sharing platform like Dailymotion
- Sign in
- Create a profile/channel
- Customize your channel
- Video upload
- Delete video
- Watch videos
- Video editing feature
- In-app download videos/ offline mode
- Dark mode
- In-app customer connect
- Video link sharing
- Referral system
- Live video streaming
- SEO friendly URLs
- Google AdSense integration
- Live streaming/ Import from another video website
- Responsive web design
- User and content moderation
- Customization for player skins and themes
- Analytic tools
- Content management system
- User management system
- Restaurant management system
- Push notification management system
- Payment gateways
- Programming languages for mobile apps: Swift (for iOS), Kotlin/Java (for Android).
- Data management systems: Atlas-DB, Cassandra, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL.
- Cloud platforms: Amazon EC2, Amazon S3.
- Analytics and insights: Google Mobile App Analytics, Flurry Analytics, Hadoop, Hive, MixPanel, Localytics, Mode, Parquet, Pig, Presto, Spark.
- CDN services: Amazon CloudFront, Cloudflare, Fastly, Open Connect
- Streaming protocols: RTMP, Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming, Apple HTTP Live Streaming, M2TS, MPEG-DASH, Microsoft Smooth Streaming, WebRTC, RTSP/RTP.
- Media formats: MKV, MP4, AVCHD, AVI, DMW, MOV, FLV, WMV, SWF.
- Codecs: H.264/AVC, FFmpeg, XviD.
- Media containers: MP4, FLV.
- Geolocation: Google Maps API, MapKit/Core Location frameworks (for iOS).
- Messaging: Firebase, SendBird, PubNub, Twilio.
Cost of developing an on-demand video sharing platform like Dailymotion
- The country-wise location of the development company: To understand this better let’s take an example. If you hire a developer from a developed country like the USA or Europe. Then it will cost you around $200 to $250 per hour whereas an online solution development company from a developing country such as India and Brazil will charge you almost $40 to $50 per hour.
- The total number of Panels and Features of the app: The total number of required panels (in this case total 2 panels) with the total number of features you want will affect your application’s development costs.
- The UI & UX of the app: Although features are important but so is UI and layout of your application. Unless your application is better looking as well as with smooth and user-friendly UI and UX users won’t return.
- The total number of supported platforms: If you want your on-demand application to support both Android app development as well as iOS app development then the development cost will be increased.
The final design and development cost of your on-demand video sharing application like Dailymotion. It will be around $5,000 to $50,000 depending upon the various factors that I have mentioned before.
Looking for a development company to hire
Identically, If you are looking for a software development company. Then Tech Pathway is India’s one of the top leading IT consultancy companies. Hiring mobile application developers from the Tech Pathway will help you bring your dream project to life without investing in the additional cost of any in-house hiring. In addition to that, we offer a very flexible and affordable price structure. Besides our dedicated team of developers and designers are ready with all the experience as well as the latest tools & technology to help you turn your dream app into reality. Get in touch with us and let us develop your app while you focus on more important tasks of your business.
Here’s what we offer
- Salesforce support
- Digital Marketing and Ad campaign
- AI chatbot
- Web Design
- Data Science
- on-demand app services
- Application Maintenance and update
- Quality customer service
- Record time deliveryṣ
- Post-development support
- Easy to update and maintain code script
Kinshuk Sharna is the Founder & CEO of Techpathway, a global consultancy firm that helps in business and technical consulting services and delivers the promise of technology and human ingenuity. We are the top leading consulting firm in the USA that is available in four countries. Our company is an expert in design, development, and training services. Our technology consulting services include PHP development, iPhone app development, Android app development, Laravel development, Cross-platform app development, React Native app development, and other Software development services. The Tech pathway can help create the right technology strategy with our innovation-led approach to application services. Our company is listed among the best software development company in the USA