The mobile app development industry is growing at a rapid pace. It was fast in with over $30 billion revenue generated each year, but, now it is booming even more than before. In the year 2020, the on-demand application industry has reached over $189 billion in yearly revenue. In addition to this, it’s not the mobile app development that’s on the rise, it’s the same case with mobile app development tools. If you are someone who is looking for an effective guide to cross-platform mobile app development. Well, in such a case, you can take this blog as a reference for your future investment in mobile app development tools. In this blog, you will read which tool would be perfect for your cross-platform app development.
But no doubt Native apps have their own advantages that come with them but cross-platform apps or hybrid apps are better resource-wise. Welcome to the Tech Pathway blog, today we are going to share with you an effective guide to cross-platform mobile app development.
Types of apps
Before diving into the guide to cross-platform mobile app development, let’s take a moment and learn about it from the scratch. Before hiring a Mobile application development company you should be aware of what type of application you want for your idea.
Normally web apps are store and run on the server-side. Where the device works as a client screen that shows the data to the user. Web applications are great for devices that don’t have enough memory or RAM to store the application and run it on their devices. However, web apps do have their own share of disadvantages such as they need Internet connectivity to run on any device. Web apps development has been around so long however, later it was replace with progressive web apps.
Native apps are developed for a specific platform to utilize every single feature of that operating system platform at its full potential. For example, if you want to develop an app for iOS then you will have to develop it on Swift or Objective C programming language. And you will be using Apple’s Xcode IDEs to develop the app. On the other hand, if you want the app for the Android operating system, then you will write the code in Android studio. And you will be using Kotlin and Java as your programming languages.
Hybrid cross-platform apps
- Apache Cordova
- Adobe PhoneGap
Native Cross-platform apps
Native cross-platform apps are called “write once run anywhere”. In essence, you can write these applications once and you will be able to run that application on different operating systems with minor changes into the code. It works as when you write a native code for the app it translates it into the native code for other operating systems. And doing so allows you to write the publish and run the app on multiple platforms at once. Some of the most popular tools for native cross-platform apps are
- React Native
What is cross-platform app development?
The process of creating a cross-platform app to run and support multiple platforms as once is called cross-platform app development. Using this process the developer can create the application at once without writing it multiple times for each platform separately.
Benefits of cross-platform app development
- Reusable: Developers can reuse the code they have written for the app again and again for multiple platforms instead of writing it all over from scratch.
- Convenience: It saves time for the programmer as well as there is no need to learn multiple programming languages.
- Maintainable code: With Cross-platform app development you will only need to update a single codebase in case you want to update it. And the rest of the app on every operating system will follow.
- Cost efficiency: It saves a lot of time and money for the client since he/she does not need to hire different developers for different operating systems.
- Market reach: The market reach for cross-platform apps is so much. It is because it comes with the benefit of developing an app for multiple platforms as well as targeting those customer bases at the price of one app. In other words, you can target both iOS as well as Android operating system users at once by investing in cross-platform app development.
Programming languages used in cross-platform app development
As you may have realized that there is only a single programming language when it comes to writing code for a cross-platform app. However, cross-platform app development might need to conduct multiple programming languages. Let’s have a look at some of the apps that support cross-platform app development:
- Java: Java is the core programming language for Android. It also supports concurrency, object-oriented, as well as design to have few dependencies.
- C++: The language is used for general-purpose programming as well as it is not as advanced as the Java programming language. However, it supports object-oriented, generic programming, imperative features. These features are helpful when it comes to cross-platform app development.
- C#: Like C++ and Java C# is object-oriented, generic, declarative, functional, as well as component-oriented disciplines.
- Ruby: Ruby was first introduced in the mid-1990s in Japan. It is also an important language that supports generic programming, object-oriented, as well as interpretation.
Most popular tools for cross-platform app development
Now that you are already introduce to programming languages that are important for cross-platform app development. Let’s have a look at some of the most important tools and IDEs:
- Apache Cordova
- Kony App Platform
Quick tips for saving with a cross-platform app development
- Uses Common Code: It is use for Codeless and aims for two to three more platforms.
- Single Team: So that developers can use one team to make life easier.
- In-Sync Versions: The developer can use one version. Therefore, the development would be well in-sync unless you need to redevelop the UI for each platform.
- Unique Framework Libraries: Developers can’t use regular native libraries in cross-platform app development, so it almost uses unique framework libraries.
- Always Hire mobile app developers with prior experience with the type of app you want to build.
If you are searching the Internet for ‘Mobile app developers for hire’ Then we are here for you. For anyone who wants to invest in mobile app development, cross-platform app development is a great choice. However, it requires experience as well as expertise with different tools and programming languages. You can contact Tech Pathway that is a software development company for any on-demand services as well as on-demand solutions development. Our mobile app development company is on the top in the industry in what it does. We offer the most reasonable development rates when it comes to mobile apps and software development. You can Hire dedicated developers for your mobile app development. You can head over to our website and fill out the form if you want to discuss the development cost of your on-demand solution.
Kinshuk Sharma is the Founder & CEO of Techpathway, a global consultancy firm that helps in business and technical consulting services and delivers the promise of technology and human ingenuity. We are the top leading consulting firm in the USA that is available in four countries. Our company is an expert in design, development, and training services. Our technology consulting services include PHP development, iPhone app development, Android app development, Laravel development, Cross-platform app development, React Native app development, and other Software development services. The Tech pathway can help create the right technology strategy with our innovation-led approach to application services. Our company is listed among the best software development company in the USA