Gone are the days when you had to go to your favorite restaurant and wait in a queue to get a table. Today, you can find a place to eat and book a table in just a few clicks.
Online Restaurant Reservation applications like OpenTable provide a platform that allows people to make online table reservations in their favorite restaurants in a smooth and hassle-free manner. Guests may choose a restaurant based on location, timing, cuisine, and a number of guests. These restaurant booking sites maintain restaurant listings with ratings, reviews & menus to help guests choose the right dining outing according to their specific taste.
What is OpenTable??’
Opentable helps people to reserve their table in advance in their favorite restaurants and enjoy an extraordinary dining experience. They have intuitive and comprehensive search filters, menus, photos and special promotions based on personalized preferences that help users do many more things, such as earning points on each reservation, they can use these points for future meals, hotel discounts, etc. It serves as a perfect travel companion to explore, search, book tables, and set aside all the wait-related hassles. The open table application also helps to manage important statistics, dietary preferences, and dining points.
This app helps to save time and efforts of both customers and restaurant owners. It allows customers to pre-order a sit-down meal and pays for it in advance.
How OpenTable works??
- The users need to create an account on OpenTable. Once the account has been created, OpenTable determines its location and suggests options for restaurants to choose from.
- It allows users to access additional features like details about the menu, the cuisines available, its price as well as reviews given by other customers.
- Customers can also earn rewards, loyalty programs, and discounts.
How does OpenTable make money?
Like most of the restaurant table reservation services, OpenTable is completely free for users. It doesn’t cost anything to book a table through the Android or iOS app, the OpenTable website, or the restaurant websites that affiliate with the company.
All reservations are free of charge for customers, but restaurants have to pay a fee for reservations made through OpenTable.
Online restaurants reservation platforms like OpenTable can make money through the following revenue generation channels:
It charges $1 for each booking. The restaurants need to pay a fee of $1 for each booking done through OpenTable.
Some major revenue sources would be a monthly subscription to the Restaurant Reservation Management System. You may create different packages by offering different features for each (such as basic plan, premium plan, etc.) and decide the price accordingly.
In addition to this, you can also make money by offering banner ads on your website.
Features of the OpenTable Restaurant Reservation App
This facilitates quick registration, advanced search with recommendations, filters and ratings, seating choices, detailed reservation history, user-generated feedback, online payment system, guest management software.
Customers often believe what other customers say about your business, so the app must have a feature for user-generated content (UGC) like media — photos, videos, testimonials, etc. People trust the suggestions of fellow customers more than they trust the commercials. Such UGC must be legally repurposed and may be created from review sites, social media, and blogs.
An app must have the following features:
- It must provide multiple reservation channels, such as the web and mobile interfaces.
- Such an app must allow users to manage floor plans and the capacity of the restaurant.
- It allows you to schedule and manage reservations, including waiting lists or cancellations.
- These table booking applications collect and display information according to user preferences.
- It provides options for handling reservations on mobile devices.
- It provides the functionality to capture feedback and reviews from the customer.
Benefits of a restaurant booking app:
For Restaurant Owners:
- Keeps reservations all in one place
- Chances to convert website visits into reservations
- Reduced time devoted to taking calls during operation hours
- Allows to confirm or reject reservations via email
- Need to make a phone call is eliminated
- No requirement to wait for an employee to answer
- Able to access 24/7, People no longer need to wait for opening hours to check availability for a table.
- Can easily read reviews of restaurants as well as compare prices online
Ideas for Scaling your Online Restaurant Reservation Business
Include a Hotel Booking: Looking at the customer segment, combining hotel bookings and restaurant reservations is a good way to scale up this type of business.
Build a Hotel Booking Management System: Because Restaurant Reservation and Hotel Reservation Management System are quite similar, the Hotel Booking Management System will be a major addition to the existing product line.
Start Pick-drop facility for premium members: Starting a pick-and-drop facility as a premium membership program would make your business an outstanding one.
The development cost of a restaurant booking app like Open Table
The cost of developing the Restaurant Booking app depends on the size and complexity of your mobile application. Apart from that, the physical location of the developers and the number of hours consumed in the development of the app play a crucial role in deciding the development cost of the restaurant booking app.
- The US. based developers: – $100 to $250 per hour
- Eastern Europe based developers: – $100 to $150 per hour
- India based developers: – $70 to $170 per hour
The development cost of a Restaurant booking app with limited features may cost up to $8,000 to $24,000 for a single platform and the charges can extend up to $30,000, in case, the application is feature-rich and is driven by high-quality standards.
Over recent years, the restaurant booking business has caught the eye of a lot of entrepreneurs. Several start-ups have been introduced over different markets and most of them are making decent progress. If you are planning to develop a restaurant booking app, you need to hire a mobile app development company.
Tech Pathway is a mobile and web app development company. We develop applications for Android and iOS platforms.
Kinshuk Sharna is the Founder & CEO of Techpathway, a global consultancy firm that helps in business and technical consulting services and delivers the promise of technology and human ingenuity. We are the top leading consulting firm in the USA that is available in four countries. Our company is an expert in design, development, and training services. Our technology consulting services include PHP development, iPhone app development, Android app development, Laravel development, Cross-platform app development, React Native app development, and other Software development services. The Tech pathway can help create the right technology strategy with our innovation-led approach to application services. Our company is listed among the best software development company in the USA