This is 2020 and mobile application development has come along far from developing mobile-based applications by old hectic and complex ways. Now almost every kind of development is done inside a framework environment. We will tell you the Best top Five hybrid mobile applications frameworks in this blog. However, there are a lot of hybrid app development frameworks available on the market today we are to help you choose Best top Five hybrid mobile applications frameworks that are available on the internet. Without any further due, welcome, today we are going to share the Best top Five hybrid mobile applications frameworks with you so you too can choose between them and make a smarter choice.
But using a hybrid mobile apps framework is always a smarter choice in order to develop complex applications. The same goes for hybrid mobile applications as they are more complex and lengthy to develop since ultimately they are just web applications in the native app shell.
Developing mobile apps into a framework makes the developing process less complex and easier than coding inside the native environment that makes developers more efficient
Since it was release in 2016 Xamarin has become one of the favourite frameworks to develop hybrid mobile applications. The framework was originally design by the creators or mono (an open-source development platform) but later acquired by Microsoft. Microsoft later made Xamarin open source for developers and soon it became more famous than before.
Also read :- A Complete Overview of Flutter Technology
Xamarin originally uses C# based to develop its mobile applications. Apart from that C# coding allows users to develop mobile apps using .Net features and leverage native API access
- Code reusability: Since Xamarin uses C# to develop applications for both Android and IOS platform developers can use almost 95% of the written code again while developing applications for another platform.
- Better performance: Because Xamarin is compatible with .Net its performance is quite compatible with Java and Swift C in terms of mobile application performance. With the help of the visual studio, developers can develop mobile apps, test them and track their performance.
- Hardware support: Xamarin provides various types of specific API and plugin that help developed apps to connect with hardware more easily and effectively.
- Fully complete Ecosystem: The biggest advantage to use Microsoft’s Xamarin to develop applications because they provide a complete ecosystem covering all the aspects of mobile app development. Other than a complete Ecosystem they also provide technical support and development tools to create apps for wearables and IoT apps too.
- Using Xamarin to develop hybrid applications will be much more expensive than its competitors.
- While using Xamarin developers can only use native technologies that are provided by the platform itself.
- While many professionals and businesses prefer to work Xamarin but the numbers are not as high as its competitors.
2. React Native
React Native was originally released as a web-interface development platform in 2013, and later it officially released its hybrid application development tools in 2015. Soon after its launch, Facebook’s React Native earned a good reputation that many developers compare this with frameworks like Xamini and Ionic. This hybrid app development framework is mainly use for developing Android and IOS applications. React Native also comes with its Native modules and components that help in boosting the performance of a mobile application.
Some real-world applications that are develop using React Native are Facebook, Instagram, Gyroscope, 2048 Discovery VR, and etc.
- Once a code is written using React Native to develop an Android or IOS platform that same code can be used onto another platform as well.
- React Native provides Node.js support too.
- Maintaining applications and finding out bugs is easier to React Native.
- Developers can see changes they are making in real-time on a side screen.
- Huge numbers of plugins are available to enable compatibility with hardware components of a device.
- Sometimes it feels like that framework needs improvement in accessing the hardware components of the mobile device.
- There are not a sufficient number of custom modules.
- Navigation components are shortcoming.
- Using numerous screens, lots of interaction, UI transitions, and heavy special effects would be a bad idea.
Flutter is called a true hybrid framework by experts. It was first released in May 2017 by google. It was design to support various backend languages or in other words, it lets developers work on different platforms without replacing Objective C, Swift, and Java. CLI and VI editors, Hot reload feature, allowing nesting and assembling widgets to build User Interface, loading spinners, implement sliders, buttons, switches, dialogue boxes, tab bars without relying on OEM widgets and DOM web views.
- Big corporations like Google and Alibaba use flutter that makes it highly reliable.
- Applications developed in flutter have an impressive speed for a hybrid framework.
- Experts say that Flutter’s cross-platform capabilities are really unmatch by any other hybrid platform. Developers can use it for IOS, Android and Windows app development, and other on-demand solutions.
- Flutter will be use for Google’s new operating system Fuchsia that gives Flutter an edge over all other Hybrid Frameworks.
- Flutter developed apps are highly responsive and have amazing user-friendliness.
- Library support is not as rich as native development frameworks.
- Flutter lacks integration support from platforms like Travis and Jenkins.
- Even though Flutter is open source but if they decide to pull their support or made it private will result in total disaster.
4. Framework 7
However, Framework 7 is an open source framework for mobile HTML that is use for developing hybrid mobile applications. Developers do not require any kind of licence fee to start with Framework 7 and start developing programs. Additionally, the framework 7 already contains pre-installed libraries. Apart from libraries it also has pre-contained widget and components to help with user-friendly UI.
- It is compatible with AngularJS and React Native framework.
- Like most of the Framework on this list it is free to use and requires no such licence fee.
- If used by a browser its response time is faster than other Frameworks.
- Framework 7 has its own DOM third party libraries to help developers create more mobile applications.
- One of the cons of Framework 7 is that developers can only create apps in Android and IOS.
- Their official documentation is so average.
- The Framework works on HTML 5 so if you don’t like the language then maybe it’s not for you.
Ionic is one of the most favourable hybrid framework by app developer. It uses HTML5 and design with native style user interface elements. Some of the best things about Ionic are its rich features such as mobile components, typography, its extensible base theme, and interactive paradigms that make things easier.
- In other words, Applications are highly scalable.
- It has Angular framework features too.
- Like all of the above, it is a free & open source.
- Ionic provides supports for angular material designs.
- The framework itself is highly maintainable.
- Ionic is somewhat too dependent on plugins that affect application performance.
- Applications developed in Ionic are not as speedy as apps developed in other hybrid frameworks.
These were the top 5 hybrid frameworks to develop hybrid applications. While every Framework has its own strengths and weaknesses we cannot say that any particular framework is less good than others. However,Choosing a framework to develop an application depends upon various requirements like the developer’s priorities and familiarity with a specific framework.
Additionally, If you are thinking about developing a new hybrid app for your own business then you are exactly at the right place. Here at Tech Pathway, we have a team of developers experienced in hybrid app development that can turn your dream app into reality.