Kabaddi is almost a 4,000-year-old team sport originated in India and played by many South Asian nations. The name derives from a Tamil word meaning “holding of hand”, which is the crucial aspect of playing Kabaddi. Kabaddi is a team sport, which requires both skill and power to be strong, and combines the characteristics of wrestling and rugby sports.
It was originally meant to develop self-defense for generally or in war, in addition to responses to attack, and reflexes of counter-attack by individuals, and by groups or teams. It is a rather simple and inexpensive sports game, and neither it requires a massive playing ground, nor any kind of expensive equipment.
Kabaddi is the Only Game being played in all the 3 versions of Asian Games i.e. Asian Games, Asian Indoor Games, and Asian Beach Games
Rules of Kabaddi
- In the international Game version of kabaddi, two teams of seven members each occupy opposite halves of a field of 10m x 13m in case of men and 8m x 11m in case of women. Each has three supplementary players held in reserve.
- The game is played with 20-minute halves and a five-minute halftime break during which the teams change sides.
- Two teams those are playing opposite to each other occupy opposite halves of a field and take turns sending a “raider” into the other half, in order to win points by tackling members of the opposing team in that game and touching them ; the raider then tries to return to his half, holding his breath and chanting “kabaddi, kabaddi, kabaddi” during the whole raid.
- Meanwhile, defenders must form a chain to stop or catch the raider, for example, by linking hands; if the chain is broken, a member of the defending team is sent off.
- The goal of the defenders is to stop the raider from returning to the home side before taking a breath by catching him or try to make him break his breath.
Why create a Kabaddi Application (Future demand)
As the hype of kabaddi is going high because of the Pro Kabaddi League is coming soon and there is no big game event is going to happen before that. People will certainly look for an alternative to cricket for their sporting passion, and Kabaddi will be their first choice. Also as the Kabaddi is becoming a famous sport and everybody is going crazy about the Fantasy sport is becoming famous so why not join these two things and create a fantasy Kabaddi Application. So needless to say that this is going to be the best time to invest in the Kabaddi Application.
Why invest in Sports Fantasy Application, Is there any future?
Fantasy sports (also known as eSport) is suddenly a water-cooler conversation. From a handful of eSports companies until a few years ago, there are an estimated 60 fantasy sports platforms in India at present, which is huge. Capital is just kept pouring in, including from prominent, international VCs. And, India got its first gaming unicorn (Company which is more than 1 billion in total worth) this week – Dream11 – the Tencent-backed fantasy sports startup that is now valued at $1.1 billion after its latest fundraise from Steadview Capital as you can see they are doing great in the business.
Dream11 fantasy sports company currently occupies 90 percent of the domestic fantasy sports market, according to a joint report by the Indian Federation of Sports Gaming (IFSG) and KPMG. Sector financial and business experts believe its success will inspire more entrepreneurs to see fantasy gaming as a scalable business opportunity. This will offer monetization opportunities going ahead, even though paid players are just about 15 percent of Dream11’s overall user base of 51 million.
The market is projected to touch $5 billion in the next two years. IFSG says that every 2 out of 3 sports fans in India are aware of fantasy gaming today, and an estimated 100 million will take to one or more of the platforms and mobile applications by the end of 2019.
How to make Fantasy Kabaddi Application
If you want to develop a Fantasy Kabaddi application than you need to know about some essential features for your application
The user panel
- User/Contestant Registration / Log In
- Join Contest
- Payment Modes
- Create your Contest
- My Contest
- My Profile (Dashboard)
The Admin panel
- Admin Login: Admin needs to login to the App by using his Username & Password.
- Dashboard: Statistics provided for Total Matches such as Upcoming, Ongoing or Played Matches, Total Contestant count & Entire Earnings
- User Account Manager: Admin shall manage the entire user accounts to Edit/Add/Delete/Active/Deactivate accounts.
- Manage Matches: Admin is empowered to manage the entire matches to Edit/Delete/Add/Active/Deactivate matches.
- Manage Games Category: Admin is empowered to manage the games categories.
- Contest Manager: Admin is empowered to manage the entire match contests to Edit/Delete/Add/Active/Deactivate match contests.
- Earnings: Admin is empowered to view the entire earnings through the app via setting different filters. Dream11 app grown big & fantasy sports app development also.
- Payment Management: Admin is empowered to manage different modes of payment of the App
- Manage Reward Points: This feature allows the Admin to manage the Reward Points presented to the users.
- Cash & Bonus Prizes Management: Admin can manage the cash prizes & bonus cash prizes to be presented to the users.
- Manage Reports: This feature facilitates the Admin to generate Match Contest Reports, Contestant Players Ranking Reports and Earning Reports, to name a few.
- Manage Cash Withdrawal to Bank Request: Admin is empowered to view the entire cash withdrawal to Bank request from the contestant. Admin has the authority to Accept/Reject Bank Details, Accept/Reject PAN Card Details, View the Entire Contestant List (Approve/Reject) and Send money to Contestant.
- Manage CMS Pages: Admin is empowered to manage all sections related to About Us, Contact Us, and Help & Points System.
Additional Relevant Features/Functionalities in Kabaddi Application
- Live Match Scoreboard: User can watch live scores of currently ongoing matches and sports, along with match highlights, expert game analysis, etc.
- Live Scoreboard API Integration: The mobile app API provides ready to use data for developers to seamlessly integrate into their platforms.
- CRM Integration: The back-end panel is well integrated into the app to assist in the management of user location, sending tickets & emails and much more. It is the best Fantasy Cricket Sports app Dream11where its participants can win cash prizes legally
- Push Notification: Alerts, updates, and messages will pop up to intimate users when it is time for creating the team and what time the match would start, etc.
- Real-Time Data Analytics: This feature enables data to be captured in real-time, continuously stored and updated in real-time.
- Mail Reminder System: Customized Emails will be sent to participants to intimate them about upcoming matches as well as information about their picked players or team. Legal Aspects for Fantasy Sports App.
As per the Central Government Act, “The Public Gambling Act, 1867, comprising of 18 Sections, in Section 12 it states, “Nothing in the provisions of this Act contained shall be held to apply to any game like cricket or football of mere skill wherever played in sports.
The cost to develop a fantasy kabaddi mobile app will depend upon the features and functionality. But approx it will cost you around 2,00,000 INR to 3,50,000 INR. This cost can vary as per the features and demand of the client. So don’t wait and get to develop your sports fantasy kabaddi application.