PIM or Product Information Management system works as a product information storage and management system. It works as a central warehouse that stores product information like marketing copy, feature description and logistical details and provides the data brands that retailers need to sell in the digital ecosystem.
To explain a little further, a PIM helps to consolidate, manage, improve and publish consumer-facing product information and digital assets to your retail, marketplace and e-commerce channel.
The Top KPI’s of PIM
- Increased sales and lower returns by enhancing the precision of consumer-facing product content and information.
- 64% of U.S. online adults today shop online on the grounds that the item exhibited there is more useful than what’s in-store.
- Push products to advertise quicker and more effectively, augment product life cycles, discharge bigger item arrangements by lodging content in single, confided in an area that is easily available and usable by every internal partner like marketing, creative, sales, brand managers, and merchandising.
- Make a consistent customer encounter and expanded brand loyalty by appropriating exact and complete content to outside retailers and channels.
- 30% of US online adults refer to that they would consider purchasing from an online retailer they had never recently bought from if the retailer offered detailed product information.
What product information does a PIM’s store?
- Core product data
- Taxonomy and Relationships
- Technical specifications
- Digital assets
- Marketing data
- Sales information
- Design specifications
- Channel specific information
- Localized data
- Supplier and Manufacturer data
What one can do with a PIM system?
- Bring together and sanitize scattered data
- Improve product description and particulars
- Track progress and product completion
- Associate pictures, reports and media with products
- Assort product and files
- Manage upstream information and set it up for sales channels
- Manage relationships between products
- Make and distribute product catalogs
- Fabricate custom product feeds
- Format product information for multichannel syndication
- Dehumanize catalog creation and maintenance
- Find everything in one central database
The PIM process
- Connect: dispose thousands of disorganized records, spreadsheets, Excels, CSVs, SKUs, descriptions, images, videos, marketing data, channels.
- Automate: synchronize and refresh your product data and make catalogues and materials in an automated way.
- Analyze: find out the loopholes that are showing up in your content, correct, complete and get customized quality reports.
- Publish: test, approve and publish automatically, and keep on developing your content.
Who all needs a PIM Software?
- A marketer, who wants to deliver a consistent product experience.
- A retailer, who wants to strengthen his relationship with the suppliers.
- An eCommerce manager, who understand the impact of product information quality on online sales.
- Data governance teams, who wants to meet and track the compliance needs.
The benefits of adopting PIM technology
- Increased sales through fast and proficient syndication.
- Enhance your group’s efficiency through consequently updated smart lists.
- Distinguish and fill internal product content gaps by mapping data to each channel’s unique prerequisite.
- Ensure information accuracy and consistency by giving a single, cloud-based area for accessing approved product content.
- Incorporate information from various sources safely and precisely.
- Layer the PIM framework flawlessly over the existing information management system.
So if you are looking for a company for Informatica PIM development, then Tech Pathway is the best choice for you. You can hire Informatica PIM developer in affordable price.