Identically, Udemy was founded in 2010 as a learning platform for students as well as for working professionals. In other words, As of 2020, the platform has an increase in numbers with over 50 million registered students and 55,000+ teachers teaching various courses in 65 languages. Due to its versatility in courses and available languages, Udemy has become a world-class on-demand e-learning platform across the world. As well as According to a Forbes article, e-learning is going to grow over $325 billion industry by the year 2025 which makes it a perfect timely opportunity for people who are looking to invest in online e-learning platforms to help students around the world achieve their dream as well as make a profit.
Additionally, If you are also looking to invest in an on-demand website and app for an e-learning platform and wondering about how much it cost to develop an on-demand app and website like Udemy then worry not today we are going to walk you through the whole development process as well as costs deciding factors. Welcome to the Tech Pathway blog, today we are going to share with you how much it cost to develop an on-demand app and website like Udemy.
Let’s check at the market trend of MOOCs
In other words, Applications such as Udemy and Code Academy are taking the whole on-demand e-learning market by storm and making profits. Additionally, These companies even partner with famous universities in order to provide free as well as paid courses to the students.
- Therefore, According to Statistica, in the year 2011, the global on-demand online learning market was almost $3.4 billion.
- In the next two years, the market went up and reached $4.4 and $5.6 billion respectively.
- Once it was clear that the e-learning platform was here to stay, people started showing more interest in them and by the year 2020, the on-demand education market went up to over $38 billion.
- According to Forbes, the industry will reach around $325 billion by the year 2025.
Top on-demand learning platforms in the market
- Udemy: The online learning platform is over $2 billion in valuation.
- Lynda: The online on-demand learning platform is over $1.5 billion in valuation.
- Code Academy: The total valuation of Code Academy is over $500 million.
- Edx: The market valuation of Edx is over $500 million with over 20 million users.
- Udacity: The Udacity company is over $1 billion in valuation.
- Coursera: The Coursera company is over $2 billion in market valuation.
Reasons why online classes are better than traditional classes:
- Worldwide reach: Traditional college and coaching classes are limited by a lot of factors such as you can teach only a limited number of students at a time, with the help of an E-learning application and website you can teach students from all over the world.
- Quality control: Recording a session when you can make sure that your teaching quality cannot fall with time.
- Flexible timing: One of the biggest benefits of the E-learning platform is that students can learn at their own time.
- Students can learn from the best: Since you are teaching through an E-learning app. You can hire the best teachers from all around the globe and record their sessions.
- Students can have their home comfort & parental guidance: According to several studies, when students are exposed to a familiar environment, it has a positive impact on their mind and learning ability.
Apart from these, there are a lot more advantages with on-demand learning platforms for example students will feel like they are getting the attention of teachers, self-discipline, and more.
Key features of an E-learning platform:
Register & login: Registration and the sign-in process can be done from here.
Dashboard: Identically, Students can navigate through the whole platform from here.
Choose courses: However, Students can choose to browse different courses and select the one they want using this feature. According to their familiarity with the topics and requirements.
Payment method: As well as Students can pay for premium courses from here by using payment methods like a credit card, debit card, PayPal, and more.
Online test and quiz: Taking a test at the end of each session is a nice way to revise the whole session.
Setting: Moreover, students can access basic settings of the platform like location or language of the app from this option.
Register & sign in : Teachers will also need to register and sign in into the app, they can do that using this feature.
Manage courses: Teachers can manage all of their courses from here as well as add new ones or delete existing ones using this feature.
Online test: In other words, Teachers can take online tests at the end of each session using this feature during live classes.
Check Analytics: However, Admin will use this to check the overall performance of the application and website to track the growth.
Push notification: Admin can use this feature to send notifications about any starting sale or offers on any given course.
The developing cost of the app will depend upon various factors like
- Location of a development company: Hiring a company from a developing country such as India, will cost you around $40 per hour compared to hiring a company. With the same functionalities from the USA that will charge you around $200 per hour.
- The total number of platforms: If you want both android app development as well as IOS app development. Then it will be costlier than developing the app for a single platform.
- The complexity of the app and website: The complexity of the UI & UX as well as layout of the app and website will decide the complexity of the app.
- The total number of features and panels: Depending upon the total number of features and panels. The final design and development costs of your website and application will change.
Looking to hire a development company:
Additionally, In case you are looking to hire a development company for your E-learning application and website then you are in the right place. In other words, Tech Pathway is one of India’s top leading companies in developing mobile apps and software. Therefore, we have a team of designers and developers with prior experience with on-demand solutions. In the second place those who are looking their startup in e-learning projects for developing their website and on demand apps. In the same way and want to rechange and upgrade their project in e -learning industry. Therefore, we provide best services, as a result in on demand app development service, web development services as well as android app development service and iOS app development service.