Identically, Mobile applications for business are really good and result in great outcomes. But when it comes to mobile apps for e-commerce websites the importance is a necessity. Moreover, than 70% of decent e-commerce businesses have their own mobile application for customers to use. Since you are wondering how much does it cost to develop an e-commerce mobile app, it’s safe to assume that you are looking for developing a mobile app for your e-commerce business too. Welcome, today we are going to share with you how much does it cost to develop an e-commerce mobile app.
Benefits of having an e-commerce mobile app for your website
- As well as Mobile apps are faster than websites
- Additionally, personalized content is also one of the biggest advantages your business will gain by having a mobile application.
- Instant online and offline access is also possible for users by using your mobile app.
- Mobile apps can use device features such as mobile camera, location, etc.
- Push notification and instant updates are easy to send directly to customers using mobile apps.
- Build the company’s branding and customer loyalty towards the brand itself.
- Increased order means improved productivity and cost reduction.
- Mobile apps engage with customers more than any other means of social media marketing.
- Having a mobile app will also increase the SEO for your website since nowadays Google ranks in-app content too.
- Therefore, app monetization is a great way to earn extra money if you have enough customer base.
- Amazon: Amazon has been the most successful e-commerce business for the past few years due to strategic planning and up to date technology adoption. Amazon has almost 50% of the total market share of e-commerce trades worldwide.
- Walmart: The famous multinational retail corporation that operates a chain of thousands of retails, hypermarkets, Grocery stores, and departmental stores signed a deal with Flipkart an Indian e-commerce company on 4 May 2018. Since then Walmart has also come into the online e-commerce market.
- H & M: The famous multinational clothing retailer also has a mobile application. However, Customers can download the mobile app and shop for everything that they would find in a physical store.
- Grofers: Grofer is an on-demand Grocery shopping mobile application available for both Android and iOS. Customers can order from their nearby stores using the mobile app and get the order delivered on the same day.
- Paytm: Paytm is an amazing mobile app that is a one-stop solution for all customer’s needs. This mobile app allows users to make bill payments, recharge mobile, and many others. Paytm mobile app also has a feature called Paytm Mall which allows local shop owners to sell products on Paytm mobile app.
- InDriver: InDriver is another on-demand mobile app for taxi booking service. With more than 49 million users in more than 300 cities across 31 countries, Indriver is one of the top 3 on-demand taxi booking apps in the whole world according to mobile application downloads.
- Shopify: Shopify is a Canadian e-commerce company that has a subscription system for customers to build their own e-commerce website. Shopify also enables drop shipping powering hundreds of small e-commerce websites all around the world.
What features does your mobile app need
- Register and Login
- Identically, User-friendly access to filtering and sorting items
- Products with a detailed description
- Products gallery
- Augmented reality to check out products
- Add to cart features
- Adding delivery address option
- Order summary
- Order history
- Multiple payment methods
- Tracking order
- Return the product and check the return status
- Item availability notification
- AI for personalized products suggestions
- Membership options
- Loyalty programs
- Customer service
- Barcode scanning
- Add and remove products
- Add and remove stores
- User management
- Analytical tools
- Payment methods
- Order tracker
The total cost of developing an e-commerce mobile app will depend on a few different factors.
- The development company: The company which you hire will affect the final cost of your mobile app greatly. Hiring a company from a developed country such as the USA and Europe will cost you around $200 per hour whereas a company from a developing country such as India will cost you around $40 per hour.
- The total number of features and complexity of the app: The total number of features you need into your app will decide the total developing hour hence deciding the final cost of your mobile app.
- The complexity of the UI & UX: The better and smooth UI & UX you will want into your app the more complex it will be for designers and developers to create which will be added into your developing hours.
- The total number of supported platforms: If you want your mobile app to support both Android and iOS then the final cost will increase accordingly.
After taking all the factors into account it is safe to say that your on-demand e-commerce mobile app will cost you anywhere between $10,000 to $150,000. Since there are already so many giant companies in e-commerce already, Subsquently,if you are looking for developing a mobile app then it is best to go for the best options, features, and UI.
Also read this :- How much does it cost to develop on-demand Grocery applications in 2020
Looking for a development company
Tech Pathway is India’s one of the top leading app development companies. We provide on-demand solutions while taking everything into account that our clients need. Additionally, We have a team of experienced developers and designers that have prior experience in e-commerce mobile app development. So let us develop your e-commerce mobile app while you concentrate on more concerning matters of your business.
Here’s what we offer
- We provide Salesforce supports to our clients.
- We will look after your social media marketing and campaigns and the best AI-based chatbot for your app.
- Easily understandable coding script.
- Maintenance and update for your app.
- After-sale supports.
Experienced Independent Business Owner with a demonstrated history of working in the consumer goods industry. Skilled in C++, Business Transformation Consultant, Software Testing, Core Java, and IT Recruitment, Google Analytics, SEMrush Strategies, part-time Blogger. Talking about digital marketing is my absolutely passion, and I am always ready to aware people so how they can earn money by doing freelancing, job specific activities, Personal Branding, promotions, Startup Business ideas, Online marketing, You tube marketing, Digital marketing services like SEO, SEM, SMM, PPC, CPC, ORM. Where we can rank your website in search engine optimization using proper focus Key phrase, proper key phrase density, transition words, meta tags, headings, paragraphs, images, URLs, and internal as well as outgoing links, meta description, catchy tittle, and lastly content should be unique. On-page SEO focuses on your website and content. Off-page SEO centres on external ranking signals like back links and online (unlinked) mentions of your business and/or website.