Canva is an on-demand web-based graphic design tool that offers a drag and drops interface and access to hundreds of design layouts for creating presentations, social media graphics, flyers, posters, invitations, and many more. Moreover, on-demand app like Canva basically provides a simple design platform for businesses, organizations, and even professionals also which enables them to create amazing and professional quality graphic design.
Additionally, Canva was established on January 1, 2012, by Melanie Perkins, Cliff Obrecht, and Cameron Adams. According to research, Canva has raised a total of $301.6 million in 12 rounds of venture capital funding. There are various types of photo editing apps with required graphic designing tools like filters, brightness, cropping, and vignette, and many more.
Well, an online graphic design tool app development is a perfect business idea to earn money with ease as well as it is also suitable for the current business world. In other words, if anyone is planning to invest in an on-demand graphic design platform like Canva and wondering about How much does it cost to develop an on-demand app like Canva. So, we are basically here to share with you a complete development process with cost deciding factors. Welcome to the Tech Pathway blog, we are here to share with you How much does it cost to develop an on-demand app like Canva.
Also read :- Best Marketing tools to use for WordPress site
What makes Canva so successful
- Create a beautiful design anywhere
- More than 3 million images to choose from
- Something for everyone
- Share & Publish
How does Canva make money?
- Canva Pro:- Canva Pro is basically a premium subscription plan that has some additional features which are not available in the free version. The Canva offers 30 days free trial plan to make ease for the users to test out all the premium features.
- The Canva For Enterprise:- Canva for Enterprise is basically a platform that is used by the teams to aid their design for a business. Usually, like a pro plan, a monthly subscription fee is charged. The cost of the plan is $30 per user.
- Canva Print:- Canva Print basically helps the customers to print out their designs on physical materials such as t-shirts, business cards, postcards, flyers, invitations, and many more. It charges according to the article chosen, order volumes, country of residence, and many more.
- Design School:- Canva is also known as Design School because it provides a collection of online as well as offline courses related to their design, social media, and branding. The charges of online courses are free of cost but the offline courses start from $5.
Features of an on-demand graphic design app like Canva
- Drag & Drop Editor
- Photo Editing
- Resize Designs
- Branded Templates
- Transparent Backgrounds
- Photo Filters
- Multiple Documents types
- Color codes thoughts and ideas
- Blog and Websites posts
- Cards and Invitations
- Business Logos
- Custom Templates
- Customizable Branding
- Social media graphics
- Icons, Shapes, & Elements
- Share Photo folders
- Library of fonts
- Share via email, text, messaging apps
Tech-Stack of the on-demand app like Canva:-
- Mobile SDK:- Android or IOS
- Real-Time Analytics:- Google Analytics, Hadoop, Big Data
- Location Tracking:- Apple Maps, Google Maps
- Payment Integration:- PayPal, Stripe, Braintree, E-Wallets, Net Banking, E-Banking
- Notifications:- Twilio, Amazon SNS, Push.IO, Map, AdPushup
- Cloud Storage:- Google Cloud Storage, Amazon Cloud Storage
- Databases:- MongoDB, MySQL, Cassandra, HBase
- Messaging:- Firebase, Twilio
- Scanning QR codes:- ZBar Bar Code Reader
The development cost to create an on-demand app like Canva basically depends on the requirement of the clients that he looking for. If you are planning to develop an on-demand graphic designing mobile app like Canva, it may cost you around between $15,000 to $30,000 depending on the key-factors I have mentioned below.
Key-Factors that are responsible for the development of an on-demand application like Canva
- Location of App Development Company:- The location of the mobile app development company plays an important role to decide the development cost for your application. If you hire a USA based company, it will cost you around $200 to $250 per hour but if you choose India based company for your application, it may cost you around $50 to $70 per hour.
- Mobile Platform:- The development cost to build an on-demand app like Canva charges according to the platform. The cost of Android Application is basically more than IOS Application because of testing functionalities. Basically, you can choose the cross for a cross-platform app development for your application.
- Development Team:- Hire a developer team or a mobile app development company that is experts to create a graphic design app like Canva. If you choose an experienced developer team, it will cost you higher.
- App UX/UI Design:- It will depend on the requirements of clients to make an application more attractive and good-looking for the customers. However, with the increase in the complexity of UX/UI design, the cost will also higher.
- Third-Party API:- The development cost of an application increase with the use of third-party API. But it will give the maximum advantage to your customers.
- Technology Used:- If you want to run your application smoothly, you should choose the latest technology for your application. However, if you want to add more options in your application like Chatbots, automation cloud solution, push notification along with OTP evaluation, etc, it will cost you higher.
- Testing:- While developing an app, you should choose to implement various testing factors to make your on-demand application error and bug-free. Identically, the development cost will depend on the experience of the Quality Analysts Team for your application.
Looking for a development company:-
Tech Pathway is one of India’s leading Software and Website Development Company. However, We have an experienced team for the development of website applications as well as Android and IOS App Platform as well as Cross-Platform Apps that are always ready for you to turn your dream into an app.