The online travel agency has boomed in the past few years since 4G came to India people have been using more and more on-demand applications’ services to complete their daily to monthly tasks. For example, from recharging a mobile phone to planning a trip and booking everything required in advance. But still, the on-demand travel agency has room for so much growth. On-demand app like Cleartrip is a global online travel company, founded by Stuart Crighton, Hrush Bhatt, Matthew Spacie. The company has its headquarters in both Mumbai and Dubai. The company operates as an online travel aggregator portal for booking flights, train tickets, bus tickets, hotel reservations, and fun activities in India and the Middle East countries.
Cleartrip has offices across India, UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt. The company has over $104 billion valuations which clearly proves that the TripAdvisor businesses are full of opportunities and have room for growth. Anyone who has an established travel planning company or someone who is looking to start an on-demand travel agency can build an application and get started. But before that, if you are wondering about how much does it cost to develop an on-demand app like Cleartrip then let me walk you through the whole development process as well as discuss some key cost deciding factors. Welcome to the Tech Pathway blog, today we are going to share with you how much does it cost to develop an on-demand app like Cleartrip.
History and business model of Cleartrip
According to Wikipedia, the Cleartrip was founded as an on-demand website for hotels and air tickets aggregators in 2006 by Stuart Crighton, Hrush Bhatt, Matthew Spacie. They decided this after seeing the fragmentation that existed in the Indian travel market as well as the hospitality sector, Stuart Crighton, and Hrush Bhatt decided to enter the online travel space with a vision of making travel simple for Indians. Later in the year 2010, Cleartrip started its first overseas expansion in UAE. Currently, Cleartrip is available in 48 European and 18 Southeast Asian countries. The company itself is owned by SAP, a tech company. According to the same Wikipedia article, Cleartrip has around $1.4 billion in valuation as well as $110 million in revenue in the year 2019.
Cleartrip takes a commission from every booking that is completed on its website and application platform, as well as they also use other ways to monetize the platform such as promoting concerts, travel packages, hotel chains as well as fun activities to do during travel and holidays.
How to use on-demand app like Cleartrip
- First, you need to download Cleartrip’s mobile app from the App Store or the Play Store. In addition to that, if you do not wish to install the application you can also visit their official website.
- Second, once the application is installed on your smartphone or the website is open in the browser, you can start with the registration process. Users can register by verifying your email ID and mobile number.
- Third, once the registration process is completed, users can go on and sign in onto the platform to plan their upcoming trip.
- Fourth, after you logged in the mobile application you will land on its dashboard. You can navigate through the whole application from here as well as the same goes for the web site’s home page/dashboard too.
- In order to book tickets, travel packages, book activities & tours you can just click on the service’s designated icon and proceed.
- Once you have chosen to book a service you can pay for it using various payment means such as debit card, credit card, net banking, and UPI.
- In case of cancellation, Cleartrip also allows you to cancel your service before the event.
Key features of an on-demand app like Cleartrip
- Sign in
- Choose a service
- Book a service
- Different payment methods
- Service Cancellation
- In-app call/ contact customer care
- Travel planner
- Travel journal
- Map and Navigation
- Order a service
- Rating & Review
- Local area information
- In-app translation feature
- Weather forecast
- In-app emergency contract services as well as local helpline number
- Special user accounts
- Search facilities
- Social integration
- Travel plan generators
- Holiday booking
- World Clock
- Currency converter
- Geolocation based development company: The location of the development company determines the mobile application’s cost, for example, The USA based company will cost around $200 to $250 per hour whereas a company from India will charge almost $40 per hour.
- The complexity of the UI & UX of the app: The better UI & UX you will want in your application the more you will have to pay. Although a smooth design and user-friendly layout are expensive, it is much recommended.
- The total number of features and panels: Depending upon the total number of features and panels you will want in your application the cost will be higher. In the case of API development, the cost will be much higher. But investing in features, panels and API will surely give you advantages in the long run.
- The design and development of the website: Having an official website for your business is the same as not everybody is going to use a mobile application for booking. The average cost of designing an on-demand website is around $5,000 to$20,000.
- Total number of platforms: Total number of platforms will also determine the cost, if you want your app to run on both android and IOS then you will have to pay more.
The final design and development cost could be anywhere between $10,000 to $50,000 for both your website and application.
Looking for a development company
If you are for a development company then Tech Pathway is one of the top leading IT consultancy in India. We have developed on-demand travel agency applications in the past which means you can be sure that you will get a perfect competitor and quality application delivered. Since our team is already familiar with all the latest technology and tools. You can leave the platform building task on us and focus on your business.
Here what we offer
- Salesforce support
- Digital Marketing and Ad campaign
- AI chatbot
- Web Design
- Application Maintenance and update
- Quality customer service
- Record time delivery
- Post-development support
- Easy to update and maintain code script
Experienced Independent Business Owner with a demonstrated history of working in the consumer goods industry. Skilled in C++, Business Transformation Consultant, Software Testing, Core Java, and IT Recruitment, Google Analytics, SEMrush Strategies, part-time Blogger. Talking about digital marketing is my absolutely passion, and I am always ready to aware people so how they can earn money by doing freelancing, job specific activities, Personal Branding, promotions, Startup Business ideas, Online marketing, You tube marketing, Digital marketing services like SEO, SEM, SMM, PPC, CPC, ORM. Where we can rank your website in search engine optimization using proper focus Key phrase, proper key phrase density, transition words, meta tags, headings, paragraphs, images, URLs, and internal as well as outgoing links, meta description, catchy tittle, and lastly content should be unique. On-page SEO focuses on your website and content. Off-page SEO centres on external ranking signals like back links and online (unlinked) mentions of your business and/or website.