Modern technologies are not only to change the lifestyle of a human being as well as also they impacted interpersonal relationships. Well in the age of digital, you can find your love online. Actually, with the boom of online dating apps, everyone can find a date without facing any hassle or spending money in cafes or restaurants. In this article, we will be looking into the online dating app development like Happn to give the business an idea into How much does it cost to develop an on-demand app like Happn. If you also looking to invest in an on-demand dating app and wondering about How much does it cost to develop an on-demand app like Happn – Local Dating App then we are going to share the development process as well as cost deciding factors with you.
Happn is a location-based online dating mobile application in which allows the users to like or dislike the other users’ profiles and they can chat with each other. Happn was founded by Didier Rappaport in 2014. The main focus of Happn is to show the potential matches the users based on locations where they have crossed paths. Online dating app platform like Happn has over 2 million downloads and 7 million active monthly users with 4.1 stars rating on the app store as well as play store.
How do an on-demand dating app like Happn show potential matches?
- The Users’ attractiveness:- On behalf of the matches, it helps the users in increasing their attractiveness. When a profile gets more matches, it will also increase the attractiveness. Moreover, when the user opened the app, the most attractiveness users are listed to the other users.
- The activeness of an account:- When a new user opens an account, a matches list is shown based on the most attractive profiles. However, the user can get them by swiping right on the interested profiles. When a user regularly interacts with others then that activeness becomes a factor to show matches to profiles.
- Facebook Profile:- Facebook profile is another way of potential matches. Basically, some information is taken out from the Facebook like mutual friends, common interest, and those are used to suggest matches.
- Matching By Geolocation:- Identically, users can find and connect to all possible matches in there nearby areas by using location-based service integration.
Business Model of an on-demand dating app
- Paid Subscriptions:- Users can choose the monthly, quarterly, or yearly subscription packages which are based features that users want.
- Advertisements:- Advertising is one of the best ways to make money online. But always keep in mind, that your ads do not interrupt your users.
- In-app purchases:- In order to access some special features like custom emoji, smileys, sending GIF’s and many more that requires the users to pay a fee.
- Third-party services:- These apps provide third party services integration which allows booking of a table in a restaurant, movie tickets, cabs, and many more.
Key-Features of an on-demand dating app like Happn
- Registration & Login
- Age Restriction
- Interest Scale
- Create & Edit Profile Page
- Send Request
- Chat for connected users
- Notification for likes/ Messages
- Location Setting while traveling
- View Profile Image, bio of other users
- Expression of Interest (Swipe Right/ Left)
- Number of chat connections of your match
- Users display settings based on Gender & Geofence
- Sign In
- Admin Dashboard
- Discovery Setting
- Analytics Reporting
- Dashboard Analytics
- Profile Management
- Custom Matching algorithm
- Manage Users/ Users control
- Manage Terms & Conditions
- Set up filters for images to be used
- Geolocation:- One of the important aspects of an on-demand dating application is proximity. Geo-location is one of the most complex features which is based on the location of the user that help you to choose profiles of your choice.
- Discovery Settings:- Identically, When you install the application, you need to create your profile by setting up age, gender, & distance filters that can be searched easily by everyone.
- Dragging:- However, It is one of the highest levels of innovation which is to create a sliding map interface.
- Virtual Gifts:- This feature helps the users to send a virtual gift to their special once. This in-built feature helps in creating virtual images from these items and makes the conversation more effective and convenient.
- Real-time chat implementation:- When the users get their matching partner, they communicate with the in-app chat feature before setting up a meeting.
- Push Notifications:- Identically, Push notification enables users to receive all the updates through messages.
- Dashboard & Analytics:- This feature enables the administrator to screen and break down all ongoing insights. The measurements and reports help the owners to determine the business and promoting methodologies.
Tech-Stack of the on-demand app like Happn:-
- Mobile SDK:- Android or IOS
- Real-Time Analytics:- Google Analytics, Hadoop, Big Data
- Location Tracking:- Apple Maps, Google Maps
- Payment Integration:- PayPal, Stripe, Braintree, E-Wallets, Net Banking, E-Banking
- Notifications:- Twilio, Amazon SNS, Push.IO, Map, AdPushup
- Cloud Storage:- Google Cloud Storage, Amazon Cloud Storage
- Databases:- MongoDB, MySQL, Cassandra, HBase
- Messaging:- Firebase, Twilio
- Scanning QR codes:- ZBar Bar Code Reader
The final cost to build an on-demand app like Happn depends on the requirement of the clients that he looking for. If you are planning to develop an on-demand app like Happn, it may cost you around between $15,000 to $45,000 depending on the key-factors I have mentioned below.
Following factors are responsible for the on-demand dating app development:-
- Location of an app development company:-
- The USA based company: $200 – $250 per hour
- Eastern Europe based company: $150 to $200 per hour
- India based development company: $40 to $50 per hour
- App Developer:- Hire a developer team or a mobile app development company which is experts to develop an on-demand dating app like Happn. Moreover, If you choose an experienced developer team, it will cost you more.
- App UI/UX Design:- Basically, the UI/UI designs is the key-elements to attract and engage the more users. However, it depends on the requirement of the clients to make their app more attractive and good looking for the customers. With the increase in the complexity of App UX/UI design, the cost will also higher.
- Total Number of Features & Panels:- Identically, The total number of features and panels will decide the final cost of an app like Happn. If the clients want to add more features as well as technologies in the application, it will cost you higher.
Looking for an app development company
If you are looking to develop an on-demand online dating app like Happn, you are in the right place. Tech Pathway is one of the leading IT Development Company which delivers the best on-demand solutions on Android Applications, IOS Applications, and Web Applications.
Here What We Offer:-
- Salesforce Support
- AI Chatbots
- Blockchain Development
- Digital Marketing
- Website Development
- App Maintenance
- Easy & Simple coding script to update the app
Experienced Independent Business Owner with a demonstrated history of working in the consumer goods industry. Skilled in C++, Business Transformation Consultant, Software Testing, Core Java, and IT Recruitment, Google Analytics, SEMrush Strategies, part-time Blogger. Talking about digital marketing is my absolutely passion, and I am always ready to aware people so how they can earn money by doing freelancing, job specific activities, Personal Branding, promotions, Startup Business ideas, Online marketing, You tube marketing, Digital marketing services like SEO, SEM, SMM, PPC, CPC, ORM. Where we can rank your website in search engine optimization using proper focus Key phrase, proper key phrase density, transition words, meta tags, headings, paragraphs, images, URLs, and internal as well as outgoing links, meta description, catchy tittle, and lastly content should be unique. On-page SEO focuses on your website and content. Off-page SEO centres on external ranking signals like back links and online (unlinked) mentions of your business and/or website.