Make My Trip also known as MMT was founded in the year 2000 by Deep Karla to help Indians plan their trips with ease. Make My Trip offer its users to plan their whole trip including hotel booking, cab booking, concert ticket booking, bus tickets, train tickets, flight tickets, as well as plan holidays and activities to do during that time. In addition to that, extra features such as calendar, my reward program, discount, and value instant offer on overall booking continue to delight customers and add satisfaction to customers.
According to on-demand app like Make My Trip their aim is to make MMT India’s leading on-demand trip planning service by offering the best value deals, with progressive technology and quality customer service. With over $486 million in revenue Make my Trip has around 14% of the total on-demand trip planning market. It has other subsidiary companies to such as Goibibo, easy to book holding, ITC group, Luxury Tours & Travel Pte Limited, and many more.
If you are also thinking about investing in an on-demand trip planning company like Make My Trip and wondering about How much does it cost to develop an on-demand app like Make My Trip then we are going to walk you through the whole development process as well as discuss cost deciding factors. Welcome to the Tech Pathway blog, today we are going to share with you How much does it cost to develop an on-demand app like Make My Trip.
Also Read :- Top 10 popular Bus booking applications in India
The business model and history of on demand app like Make My Trip
The business model of on-demand trip planning app Make My Trip is focused on generating revenue from taking a commission from travel booking. Within a year after inception in India, in 2005, MMT had acquired a strong customer base of over 2,00, 000 loyal customers and they were selling over 3,000 flight tickets, 300 hotel room nights, as well as over around 50-holiday packages every day.
Make My Trip takes a commission from every booking that is completed on their platform as well as there are other ways to monetize the application such as promoting concerts, travel packages, as well as fun activities to do on travel destinations.
How to use Make My Trip
- First, you need to download MMT’s mobile app from the Play Store or the App Store. In addition to that, if you want then you can also visit their official website.
- Second, once the application is installed on your smartphone or the website is open you can start the registration process. You can register by verifying your email ID and mobile number.
- Third, once the registration process is completed, you can go on and sign in onto the platform to plan your upcoming trip.
- Fourth, after you logged in the app you will land on its homepage. You can navigate through the whole mobile app from here as well as the same goes for the web site’s home page too.
- In order to book tickets, taxi, rent a car, travel packages, book villas, book activities & tours, as well as tickets to a concert you can just click on the feature’s designated icon and proceed.
- Once you have chosen to book a service you can pay for it using various payment means such as debit card, credit card, net banking, MMT wallet, and UPI.
- In case of cancellation, Tiket.com also allows you to cancel your service before the event.
- Make My Trip also allows its users to apply for a tourist visa and help them along every step of the verification.
Key features of an on-demand app like Make My Trip
- Sign in
- Choose a service
- Book a service
- Different payment methods
- Service Cancellation
- In-app call/ contact customer care
- Travel planner
- Travel journal
- Map and Navigation
- Order a service
- Rating & Review
- Local area information
- In-app translation feature
- Weather forecast
- In-app emergency contract services as well as local helpline number
- Special user accounts
- Search facilities
- Social integration
- Travel plan generators
- Holiday booking
- World Clock
- Currency converter
The total delivery cost of an on-demand travel planner mobile application will be determine the same as any other on-demand solution’s cost. First, we are going to mention a few key factors which will help to decide the final cost of the iOS app development as well as the Android app development of your on-demand application like Make My Trip.
- The country-wise location of the development company: Hiring the USA or Europe based company then will cost you around $200 to $250 per hour whereas an online solution development company from a developing country such as India will charge you almost $40 to $50 per hour.
- The total number of Panels and Features of the app: The total number of required panels (in this case total 3 panels) with the total number of features you want will affect your application’s development costs.
- The UI & UX of the app: Although features are important but so is UI and layout of your application. Unless your application is better looking as well as with smooth and user-friendly UI and UX users won’t return. Investing in a better as well as smoother Ui & UX is recommended.
- The total number of supported platforms: If you want your on-demand application to support both Android app development and iOS app development then the development cost will be increased.
The final design and development cost of your on-demand travel planning app will be anywhere between $5,000 to $50,000 depending upon the above-mentioned factors.
Looking for a company to hire
If you are looking for a software development company then. Tech Pathway is India’s one of the top leading IT consultancy companies. Our team of developers and designers are ready with all the experience as well as the latest tools & technology to help you turn your dream app into reality. Get in touch with us and let us develop your app while you focus on more important tasks of your business.