Nykaa is an India cosmetic, wellness, beauty, and fashion online store that was founded in 2012 by Falguni Nayar. In the year 2019 Nykaa closed its funding at $750 million that makes its highest valuation. Although Nykaa had a slow start from other e-commerce websites, it has made it easy for everyone to purchase a quality product from a trustworthy website and because of that, in recent years it has completely changed its image and revolutionized the cosmetic industry. With over 1 lakh beauty products and over 800+ Nykaa is more than ready to fulfil customers’ every need. If you are also looking to make an investment in on-demand cosmetic product delivery and wondering about how much it costs to develop an on-demand app like Nykaa then let me walk you through the whole development process and cost deciding factors.
Welcome to the Tech Pathway blog, today we are going to share with you how much it costs to develop an on-demand app like Nykaa.
Understand what does the user want
- Understanding the user’s needs and demands is the first rule of starting a startup in any given sector.
- In order to compile a large portion of the audience providing a variety of products is always the best choice.
- Categorizing the product section is always the best way to go which means you should categorize all the products such as lips, face care, eye care, etc.
- Since we are developing a cosmetic based business model providing an option for skin tone is also an important feature. Users should be able to choose their skin tone, hair issue, or whatsoever they need.
- Always try to remember that quality is always heavier than quantity in the long run which means in order to create a loyal customer case provide quality products to your customers.
How to roll out your own products
- First, launch a basic product and wait for customer feedback.
- Once you have received feedback now you can go for the improvement process.
- A company that is already in the cosmetics industry can easily add a service to build the number of customers and engagement.
- The customer who is looking to purchase the standard product can get the name, scent, colour, or minor details.
- The customer can also alter the selections in order to additionally modify the base item.
- The components of your products can be predefined by the brand.
- To deliver your product to the customers, you can take the assistance of logistics partners.
Key features of an on-demand app like Nykaa
- Register and Login
- User-friendly access to filtering and sorting items
- Products with a detailed description
- Products gallery
- Augmented reality to check out products
- Add to cart features
- Tracking order
- Return the product and check the return status
- Wish list
- Adding delivery address option
- Order summary
- Order history
- Multiple payment methods
- Loyalty programs
- Customer service
- Barcode scanning
- Add and remove products
- Add and remove the brand
- User management system
- Analytical tools
- Payment methods
- Order tracker
- Seasonal lookbook: Creating seasonal looks based on user’s requirements such as beauty products for winter is a great idea.
- AI for personalized product suggestions: Adding an AI and machine learning feature into your app is also a great idea to make personalized product suggestions to customers.
- Social login: User should be able to log in using their social media accounts such as Gmail and Facebook for easy login.
- Item availability notification:User can get a notification for the items they want to purchase but wasn’t in stock.
The total cost of developing an e-commerce mobile on demand app like Nykaa will be depending upon a few different factors.
- The development company: The geographic location of the company which you hire will affect the final cost of your on-demand solution greatly. For example, if you hire a company from a developed country such as the USA and Europe than they will charge you anywhere around $200 to $250 per hour whereas in the case of a company from a developing country such as India it will cost you around $40 per hour.
- The total number of features and complexity of the app: The total number of features you need into your on-demand beauty product delivery app will decide the total developing hour hence deciding the final cost of your mobile app.
- The complexity of the UI & UX: Investing in the UI and layout of the app is one of the important expenses that you should never ignore. But still, the better and smooth UI & UX you will want into your app the more complex it will be for designers and developers to create which will be added into your developing hours.
- The total number of supported platforms: If you want your mobile app to support both Android and iOS then the final cost will increase accordingly.
After taking all the factors into account it is safe to say that your on-demand app like Nykaa will cost you anywhere between $10,000 to $500,000. Since there are already so many giant companies in beauty products already, if you are looking for developing a mobile app then going for the best options, features, and UI is a wise choice.
Looking for a development company
Tech Pathway is India’s one of the top leading app development companies. We provide on-demand solutions as well as Android app development and iOS app development services. Our biggest strength is that while develops the application we take everything into account that our clients need and ask for. We have a team of experienced developers and designers with prior experience in developing on-demand e-commerce which means you can relax while we develop the app of your dream.
Here’s what we offer
- We provide Salesforce supports to our clients.
- Digital media marketing and ad campaigns.
- We have the best AI-based chatbot for your app.
- Easily understandable coding script.
- Maintenance and update for your app.
- Data Science
- Web Design
- After-sale supports.
- Laravel Development
Experienced Independent Business Owner with a demonstrated history of working in the consumer goods industry. Skilled in C++, Business Transformation Consultant, Software Testing, Core Java, and IT Recruitment, Google Analytics, SEMrush Strategies, part-time Blogger. Talking about digital marketing is my absolutely passion, and I am always ready to aware people so how they can earn money by doing freelancing, job specific activities, Personal Branding, promotions, Startup Business ideas, Online marketing, You tube marketing, Digital marketing services like SEO, SEM, SMM, PPC, CPC, ORM. Where we can rank your website in search engine optimization using proper focus Key phrase, proper key phrase density, transition words, meta tags, headings, paragraphs, images, URLs, and internal as well as outgoing links, meta description, catchy tittle, and lastly content should be unique. On-page SEO focuses on your website and content. Off-page SEO centres on external ranking signals like back links and online (unlinked) mentions of your business and/or website.