In the year 2014, Dr. Dhaval Shah owner and co-founder of the Pharmeasy co-founded the on-demand medicine delivery app with its founder Dharmil Sheth who is an MBA from IMT Ghaziabad. In other words, The on-demand medicine delivery app works the same as other shopping applications by connecting customers with local and distance pharmacy stores and diagnostic centers. Customers can use the app to order medicines, diagnose tools & tests, as well as healthcare products whenever they want. In other words, we can say that Pharmeasy is an uber for medicines and medical products. In the year 2019, Pharmeasy raised almost $220 million in a funding round led by Temasek. Once the fundraiser was completed the Pharmeasy valuation increased and the company is currently over $700 million in market valuation.
Additionally,The reason behind their success is simple, they saw a problem in the market that no one addressed and solved it using technology and earned a profit. Before Pharmeasy customers had to find medicine in different medical stores but even after that sometimes they couldn’t find the medicine that they needed.
Now with Pharmeasy, customers can easily upload the picture of their prescription and the medicine will be delivered to them. Currently, Pharmeasy claims that they have served over 1 million people until now. Simply by looking at these facts you can see how profitable it is to invest in an on-demand app like Pharmeasy. If you are also looking to develop an on-demand app like Pharmeasy and wondering about how much does it cost to develop an on-demand app like Pharmeasy, then please let us walk you through the whole development process and discuss cost deciding factors. Welcome to the Tech Pathway blog, today we are going to share with you how much does it cost to develop an on-demand app like Pharmeasy.
Also Read :- The Top Pharmacy Apps to Inspire You in 2020
How does Pharmeasy work
- First, you will need to register on the app using an email account and mobile number.
- Second, you will log in to the app.
- Third, once you are logged in the platform you can search for the medicine that you require as well as you can take a picture of the prescription and then search for the medicine.
- In case of any kind of health test such as a blood test, a person will come to your home and take your blood sample. If the sample is already taken you will get the diagnosis report at your home.
- Now all you have to do is to sit back and relax, a delivery man will come to your house and deliver you the medicine as well as the diagnoses report.
Key features of an app like Pharmeasy
- Sign in
- Search for product
- Search for service
- Take a picture of your prescription
- Online payment integration
- Content management system
- User management system
- Push notification management system
- Analytical tools
- Revenue management system
- Doorstep delivery: The medicines should be deliver to the customer’s homes or wherever they want them to deliver.
- Diagnostic test: Customers should be able to order a diagnostic test as per their requirements.
- Healthcare product/ OTC: All the healthcare products should be available on the mobile app’s store for customers to purchase.
- Automatic Monthly medicine refill/delivery: Subscription-base service that will send the monthly medicine refill to the customer before the last dose runs out.
- Online easy lab test: Customers should be able to order online a lab test according to their requirements.
- Consultancy with doctor: Customers also should be able to consult with doctors whenever they want and get the prescription. Later customers can order the medicine from prescription within the app.
- Access to healthcare information: Apart from access to the doctor, customers should also be able to get access to basic healthcare information at any time they want.
- Medicine availability 24*7: The main point of installing a pharma app in your smartphone is to never run pharma stores to pharma stores again. This can only be possible if all the medicines are available on the app’s store.
Related Blog :- Why Your Pharmacy Needs an App: Pharmacy App Development
The total delivery cost of an online pharma mobile app will be determine as any other on-demand solution’s cost. I am going to mention a few key factors. which will decide the final cost of Android app development as well as iOS app development.
- The country-wise location of the development company: Hiring a USA based company then will cost you anywhere between $200 to $250 per hour whereas a software development company from a developing country like India will charge you anywhere around $40 to $50 per hour.
- The total number of Panels and Features of the app: The total number of required panels (in this case total 2 panels) with the total number of features. If you want in those panels will also affect your on-demand app’s design development cost.
- The UI & UX of the app: A smooth and user-friendly UI and UX is a necessity for an app to get successful among users. Investing in a better as well as smoother Ui & UX is recommended in order to compete in the market.
- The total number of supported platforms: If you want your on-demand solution to support both Android. As well as iOS then your app’s final cost increase.
The development cost of your on-demand Pharmeasy app will be anywhere between $5,000 to $50,000 depending upon the above-mentioned factors.
Looking for a company to hire
Identically, If you are looking for a development company then you are exactly in the right place. In other words, Tech Pathway is India’s one of the top leading IT consultancy companies. As well as the approach we use while creating the on-demand application is better than others since at first, we try to understand your application & your needs, and then after discussing it with our experts, we will proceed to the development process.
Here’s what we offer
- Salesforce support
- Digital Marketing and Ad campaign
- AI chatbot
- Web Design
- Data Science
- Application Maintenance and update
- Quality customer service
- Record time delivery
- Post-development support
- Easy to update and maintain code script
Kinshuk Sharna is the Founder & CEO of Techpathway, a global consultancy firm that helps in business and technical consulting services and delivers the promise of technology and human ingenuity. We are the top leading consulting firm in the USA that is available in four countries. Our company is an expert in design, development, and training services. Our technology consulting services include PHP development, iPhone app development, Android app development, Laravel development, Cross-platform app development, React Native app development, and other Software development services. The Tech pathway can help create the right technology strategy with our innovation-led approach to application services. Our company is listed among the best software development company in the USA