Triller is an American company that was created by David Leiberman in 2015. The application is a video platform like TikTok and Vmate. In this users create a 1-minute video with songs and lip-syncing dialogues. Since the Beijing based TikTok faced a backlash from the government as well as users for sharing its data with Chinese government Triller has expanded its customer base.In other words it is on-demand app like Triller. which is basically video content based application.
This video creating and sharing platform has over 10+ million downloads with 4.3 stars rating on the Play Store as well as on the App Store. Applications such as Triller and Vmate have proved that video content is the future of entertainment and digital marketing which means the platform that has users are going to make fortune.
Even now these short video platforms are generating millions in revenue and there is room for so much growth. Since still around 40% of the world’s population haven’t got access to smartphones. Anyone who is looking to invest in a short video marking and sharing platform needs to come up with a great strategy and execution plan.
But before that, if you are wondering about how much it costs to develop an on-demand app like Triller. Then we are going to walk you through the whole development process as well as discuss key cost deciding factors. Welcome to the Tech Pathway blog, today we are going to share with you how much it costs to develop an on-demand app like Triller.
History and business model of Triller
The short video making and sharing platform Triller was first introduced in 2015 by David Leiberman to let users have fun while making short lip-syncing videos. Although Triller is so similar to TikTok still some of the creators prefer Triller over TikTok. In addition to that creators, those who have a spur of musical creativity can hop on Triller and create their own music video. One of the biggest selling points of Triller is its AI video editing feature.
It automatically edits video in several options and lets the user choose their favorite. In addition to all of this, Triller claims that they rely solely on organic growth without any type of aggressive marketing, and somehow because of this, they have a more loyal customer base than other short video sharing platforms. By the end of 2019, Triller has around 26.5 monthly active users. After a fundraiser, Triller raised around $28 million which made its valuation at $130 million.
Triller also helps to earn money by monetizing their video rather than encouraging them to make outside partners and agree to brand sponsorships for peddling products they may or may not fully support. In addition to that Triller also supports new music creators by letting them post their own music on Triller. According to Triller’s forecast, they will generate around $250 in revenue by the end of 2020.
Key features of an on-demand short video sharing platform like Triller
Video uploading: Triller users can upload videos from their gallery as well as make their own videos.
Video recording: Users can also record their own video and edit them using the editing feature of Triller.
The video editing: SAme as TikTok, Triller also allows its users to edit video using AI features. The video editing also has impressive tools such as AR effects for color changing, hair and makeup, and filter. It also has many stickers, animations, and masks.
Live streaming: Live streaming is also another great feature that can attract new users as well as help creators to interact with their fans.
Social sharing: Creators can share their videos on other social media platforms such as Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, and others.
Soundtracks: Allowing users to add a new soundtrack is a great way to encourage their creativity, as well as help new creators, get viral. In addition to that, admin should also add new soundtracks of latest music.
QR code scanner: This can allow users to find each other with ease as well as subscribe to them to sing a unique QR code.
Duet Option: #Duetwithme is another great feature that you can add to your application.
Geolocation: With geolocation, the application displays from where the user is broadcast live.
Five steps to developing an on-demand video sharing app like Triller
- Research your target audience: First finding out your targeted audience is important for the success of your application. Social media applications are more successful with teenagers. At the start and later you can expand your target reach to a mature audience.
- Choose the monetization model: You can monetize your application through various ways such as by fundraisers, in-app purchases, advertisement, as well as subscription packages.
- Choose a development company: It is important to choose a right company that can understand your vision with your application as well as take care of the budget.
- Create an MVP: MVP means minimum viable product. Which means you need to make a list of minimum features that are important for your application before the launch. Using this way you can be sure about new features in your application as well as you can get feedback from users and make improvements.
- The country-wise location of the development company: Hiring the USA or Europe based company then will cost you around $200 to $250 per hour. Whereas an online solution development company from a developing country such as India will charge you almost $40 to $50 per hour.
- The total number of Panels and Features of the app: The total number of required panels (in this case total 2 panels) with the total number of features you want will affect your application’s development costs.
- The UI & UX of the app: Although features are important but so is UI and layout of your application. Unless your application is better looking as well as with smooth and user-friendly UI and UX users won’t return. Investing in a better as well as smoother Ui & UX is recommended.
- The total number of supported platforms: If you want your on-demand application to support, both Android app development as well as iOS app development then the development cost will be increased.
The final design and development cost of your application. It will be around $5,000 to $50,000 depending upon the various factors that I have mentioned before.
Looking for a development company to hire
If you are looking for a software development company. Tech Pathway is India’s one of the top leading IT consultancy companies. Our dedicated team of developers and designers are ready with all the experience as well as the latest tools & technology to help you turn your dream app into reality. Get in touch with us and let us develop your app while you focus on more important tasks of your business.
Here’s what we offer
- Salesforce support
- Digital Marketing and Ad campaign
- AI chatbot
- Web Design
- Data Science
- Application Maintenance and update
- Quality customer service
- Record time delivery
- Post-development support
- Easy to update and maintain code script
Kinshuk Sharna is the Founder & CEO of Techpathway, a global consultancy firm that helps in business and technical consulting services and delivers the promise of technology and human ingenuity. We are the top leading consulting firm in the USA that is available in four countries. Our company is an expert in design, development, and training services. Our technology consulting services include PHP development, iPhone app development, Android app development, Laravel development, Cross-platform app development, React Native app development, and other Software development services. The Tech pathway can help create the right technology strategy with our innovation-led approach to application services. Our company is listed among the best software development company in the USA