Yatra was founded in 2006 by Dhruv Chringi, Sabina Chopra, Manish Amin to help Indian travel with ease. Yatra.com is an Indian on-demand travel agency and travel search engine based in Gurugram, Haryana. Yatra offers its users to plan their whole trip including bus tickets, train tickets, flight tickets, hotel booking, cab booking, concert ticket booking, as well as plan holidays and activities to do during that time. In addition to that, on demand app like Yatra provides extra features such as calendar, discount, my reward program, and value instant offer on overall booking continue to its customers and in order to add satisfaction to customers.
According to the founders they aim to make Yatra India one of the top leading travel agencies in India by offering quality customer services, best value deals, and progressive technology that is fast and more efficient than traditional methods. In the year 2018, Yatra has over 26% of the total market share with around $135 million in revenue. Additionally, Yatra.com also has other subsidiary branches like Travelguru, Travel-log India, yatra online private limited, Intech Hotel solution Pvt limited, Yatra USA Crop, Adventure and Nature Network Pvt Ltd, and many more.
If you are also thinking about investing in an on-demand trip planning agency like Yatra and wondering about How much does it cost to develop an on-demand app like Yatra then we are going to walk you through the whole development process as well as discuss cost deciding factors. Welcome to the Tech Pathway blog, today we are going to share with you How much does it cost to develop an on-demand app like Yatra.
The history and business model of on demand app like Yatra
The business model of the on-demand trip agency app Yatra is focused on generating revenue from taking a commission from travel booking. In the past, Yatra has raised about $120 million. In the year 2019 alone Yatra made a fortune of $135 million. According to Yatra.com, they have about 7 million registered users on the platform. In other words, Yatra has over 83,000 registered hotels across 11 cities around the globe.
Yatra takes a commission from every booking that is booked on their mobile application or their website as well as there are other ways to monetize the website and application such as promoting concerts, holidays, travel packages, as well as fun activities to do on travel destinations.
How to use Yatra’s website or application
- First, you need to download Yatra’s mobile app from the Play Store or the App Store. In addition to that, you can also visit their official website on yatra.com.
- Second, once the website is opened or the application is installed on your smartphone you can start with the registration process. You can register by verifying your email ID or mobile number or both.
- Third, once the registration process is completed, you can go on and sign in onto the platform to plan your upcoming trip by booking travel means and hotels.
- Fourth, after you logged in the app you will land on its homepage. You can navigate through the whole application from here as well as the same goes for the official web site’s home page too.
- In order to book tickets, taxi, rent a car, travel packages, book homestay, book activities & tours, as well as tickets to a concert you can just click on the feature’s designated icon and proceed.
- Once you have chosen to book a service you can pay for it using various payment means such as debit card, credit card, net banking, and UPI.
- In case of cancellation, Tiket.com also allows you to cancel your service before the event.
Key features of an on-demand app like Yatra
- Sign in
- Choose a service
- Book a service
- Different payment methods
- Service Cancellation
- In-app call/ contact customer care
- Travel planner
- Travel journal
- Map and Navigation
- Order a service
- Rating & Review
- Local area information
- In-app translation feature
- Weather forecast
- In-app emergency contract services as well as local helpline number
- Special user accounts
- Search facilities
- Social integration
- Travel plan generators
- Holiday booking
- World Clock
- Currency converter
The total delivery cost of an on-demand travel planner agency mobile application will be determined the same as any other on-demand solution’s cost. First, we are going to mention a few key factors which will help to decide the final cost of the iOS app development as well as the Android app development of your on-demand application like Yatra.
- The country-wise location of the development company: Hiring the USA or Europe based company then will cost you around $200 to $250 per hour whereas an online solution development company from a developing country such as India will charge you almost $40 to $50 per hour.
- The total number of Panels and Features of the app: As well as the total number of required panels (in this case total 3 panels) with the total number of features you want will affect your application’s development costs.
- The UI & UX of the app: Although features are important but so is UI and layout of your application. Unless your application is better looking as well as with smooth and user-friendly UI and UX users won’t return. Investing in a better as well as smoother Ui & UX is recommended.
- The design and development cost of your website: Building an official website for your online travel agency business is also important. The average on-demand website is develop around $5,000 to $20,000.
- The total number of supported platforms: If you want your on-demand application to support both Android app development as well as iOS app development then the development cost will be increased.
The final design and development cost of your on-demand travel agency’s application will be anywhere between $5,000 to $50,000 depending upon the above-mentioned factors.
Looking for a company to hire
Additionally, If you are looking for a software development company. Therefore, Tech Pathway is India’s one of the top leading IT consultancy companies. Our dedicated team of developers and designers are ready with all the experience as well as the latest tools & technology to help you turn your dream app into reality. In other words, get in touch with us and let us develop your app while you focus on more important tasks of your business.