Our world is becoming habitual of on-demand apps day by day. From booking tickets online to shop groceries online as we all become dependable on the regular apps in the market. This happens in contrast to time and a busy lifestyle. Now people don’t have much time and energy to drive to grocery stores to buy required groceries. Identically, on top of that people don’t want to waste their time in finding the parking, sort the listing of groceries, wait in the long queues, and carry all the bags. In other words, on-demand grocery apps like Grofers offer comfort to people so that they can order their required groceries at their doorsteps. This is how on-demand apps make your life easy. Today we are going to talk about one such app called Grofers.
Identically, Grofers is an Indian M-commerce or mobile commerce marketplace where they deliver you grocery online. This app will offer you to shop the required groceries from nearby stores and delivers you the grocery at your doorsteps in minimum time. They will provide you the products like bakery items, fruits, vegetables, flowers, pet products, rice, and other necessary food items. As well as, you have the option to schedule the delivery as per your convenience or you can ask for instant delivery, its up to you.
Tech Pathway is the company where you will get both the services and app or website detailed blogs so that first you can understand the basic details about the app and estimate the cost, and then only you can ask for services as per the estimation. However, it’s up to you to choose the company. Here on this blog, you will get details about the Grofers app.
History and Business model of an on-demand grocery app like Grofers
Additionally, Grofers has become one of the most popular on-demand grocery apps. It is working in more than 25 cities in India. Grofers was introduced in 2014 by two IITians based on Gurugram. Albinder Dhindsa and Saurabh Kumar. There is a blending of two words in Grofers- Grocery Gophers. The main idea of Grofers was developed by Saurabh Kumar. Initially, he had its own company called One number of on-demand pick up and drop off service.in the year 2018, Grofers generate the funds of $535.5 million from investors.
How does this app work?
However, The working process of the Grofers app is simple, initially, users place an order through the app and website of Grofers. In other words, Then this request delivers to the warehouse administration where the team checks for the items, pack it, and prepare the item to be delivered. Delivery executives pick up the order from the warehouse. And based on the information they deliver the package to the customer. That’s how the delivery process works.
They work on a marketplace model that replaces the trip to local shops for the customers by bringing them online.
The business model of Grofers
Additionally, Grofers’s business model is based on the inventory- based delivery model. And their main target is the middle-class population of India. This company aims to be an online D-mart for the customers.
Grofers follows three main components in the business model
- The inventory:- Mostly, online M-commerce apps deal with retailers for the inventory, on the other hand, this company maintain their own storage and delivers the products as per their rates. the company obtains the products from both brands and local retailers in bulk and after that, they add that product into grofer’s inventory. Grofers has their own brand now.
- Users:- The company works based on the targeted segment, and the grofer’s targeted segment is the middle-class population and women. The number of cash on delivery by women is greater than men.
- Delivery Personnel:- Their main focus is the delivery part. Grofers manage their own delivery staff, who delivers the products at the doorsteps with minimum time.
Key features of an on-demand app like Grofers
- Sign In & Sign Up
- Social Media Login
- Profile Management
- Product Browsing & Listings
- Search & Filter
- One-Click Add to Cart
- One-Click Check-Out
- Multiple Payment Options
- Popular e-Wallet Integration
- Save For Later
- Private & Public Wishlist
- Discount Vouchers & Coupons
- Track delivery
- Time slot selection for Delivery
- Order History
- Ratings & Review
- Help & Customer Support
- Push Notifications
- User Management
- Product Management
- Order Management
- Driver Management
- Reset Passwords
- Update Various Elements of Apps and Website
- Payment Management
- Commission Management
- Campaign Management For Email, SMS, Social Media
- Run Promotions & Discount Coupons
- Delivery Requests: accept & reject
- Push Notifications
- Map Integration
- Turn-by-turn Navigation
- Real-time GPS updates
- Set Availability
- Delivery Time Slots
- Total Weight Of Orders
- Work History
- Earning & Reports
- Ratings & Reviews
- Help & Customer Care
Moreover, the cost of developing an on-demand app like grofers depends on various features, factors, and technology used in the app. Additionally, There is not one factor that we have to focus on, there are several factors involved in developing an app like grofers.
- UI/UX design- user interface
- Coding structure of the app
- Number of features whether basic or advanced features
- Development team
- The platform used: Android, iOS, and Windows
Therefore, if you hire a company for your app then it will cost you around $8000 and after that, you have to pay for additional updates and support. (This is the cost for a basic app with basic features only) but overall if you want your app to be fully developed with upgraded features and technology then the app will cost you around $15000 to $30,000. In other words, This cost is not the fixed cost of an app, because in this modern era technology is changing daily, so your app also needs changes with the features in it so based on that cost can also vary. The cost can extend up to $100,000.
- Application and Data: Python, Node.js, NGINX, Java, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, AngularJS, Redis, Django, Flask, Objective-C, and Scala
- Business Tool: Slack
- DevOps: GitHub, Docker, NewRelic, Ansible, Sentry, Logstash, and Crashlytics
- Utilities: Elasticsearch
Searching for an on-demand Grocery Delivery app development company
Additionally, Tech Pathway is the best company if you are looking for all these services for your brand. In other words, Because they have experience of how these companies work and what are their business models. Here we have our experienced team of developers and designers who will give you full and final guidance on “how to build an on-demand app like Grofers”.Therefore, you will get all your answers and solutions in one place.