Remember the times when we used to download songs from websites and later listen to them until we get bored and delete them later. Since online music streaming came into existence, physical albums in CDs and DVDs went to almost extinction. Now in today’s era, we can download on-demand music streaming applications to listen directly as well as download music. These applications offer millions of songs from different countries and in various genres as well as in style. Users can also listen to these songs in both online or offline mode depending upon the type of subscription they have purchased. Applications such as YouTube Music, on-demand app like Resso, and others have hooked a significant number of users from all over the world.
So if you are also looking for the development cost of the Android app as well as the iOS app then keep reading. Because we are going to explain How much does it cost to develop an on-demand music streaming app like Resso and the development process. Welcome to the Tech Pathway blog, today we are going to share with you How much does it cost to develop an on-demand music streaming app like Resso.
Also Read :- Top 10 popular music streaming application in 2020
Resso music streaming application was created by Bytemusic in march 2020. The same company also owns Tiktok, a short video-sharing social media platform. The music streaming application Resso allows its users to listen to any available music with live lyrics. In addition to this, Resso also allows its users to share music on the social platform as well as like and comment on the music of their choice. In context, Resso is like a social media platform or you can say that YouTube for audio music.
The Resso music streaming application also enables artists to reinvent their catalog by providing a fresh way for their fans to engage with their songs and introduces them to new listeners.
The business model is pretty similar to other on-demand music streaming applications. The company generates its revenue by using subscription-based plans. According to their estimate, Resso will generate the total of $224 million in revenue this year alone.
Types of music streaming apps
- Online Radio station apps play radio stations online.
- On-demand music streaming apps play music whenever the user demands.
How does music streaming apps make money
- Sponsored content
- Ads API
- In-app purchase
- Premium access
The key features of online music application
- Register: allows users to register using Gmail ID as well as Facebook.
- Sign in: Users can sign in using the same user name and password.
- Browse music: Users can search for music.
- Download music: Users can download any music they want.
- Play music: Users can stream the music online if they want.
- AI and machine learning for better music suggestions: This will be an important feature in order to keep the user hooked with the app and keep the content interesting.
- Settings: User access to basic settings.
- In-app GPS: This will allow the app to know the location of the user.
- Music share: This feature will allow users to share music on other social media platforms.
- Live lyrics: Live lyrics will show the lyrics of the song that is streaming.
- Like Music: This feature will allow users to like a song.
- Comment on music: Same as a user is able to like they can also comment on the song.
- Payment methods: This will allow users to pay for subscrp[tions.
- Social media plugin: Social media plugin will allow apps to use other social media accounts to login such as google+, Facebook, Whatsapp.
- Vibes: Vibes feature allows users to uniquely express themselves by creating gifs, pictures, and videos based on any song that they like also the user is able to share, along with lyrics.
- Manage stores
- Manage payment
- Analytical tools
- Content management system
- Push notification management system
Technology that will be required in developing a music streaming app
- Push Notifications – Twilio, Push.io
- Cloud Environment – AWS, Google, Azure
- Realtime Analytics – Hadoop, Spark, BigData, Apache Flink, Cisco, IBM
- Payments – Braintree & PayPal, Stripe, EWallets, Paytm
- Database – MongoDB, Hbase, Cassandra, Postgres, MailChimp Integration
- SMS, Voice, and Phone Verification – Nexmo, Twilio
- For Registrations – Facebook SDK, Gmail SDK
- Media formats – MKV, MP4, AVCHD, AVI, DMW, MOV, FLV, WMV, SWF.
- Cloud platforms – Amazon EC2, Amazon S3.
- For Storage – AWS, Google, Azure, Digital Ocean
How much it costs to develop an on-demand app like Resso
- The country-wise location of the development company: Hiring the USA or Europe based company then will cost you around $200 to $250 per hour whereas an online solution development company from a developing country such as India will charge you almost $40 to $50 per hour.
- The total number of Panels and Features of the app: The total number of required panels (in this case total 2 panels) with the total number of features you want will affect your application’s development costs.
- The UI & UX of the app: Although features are important but so is UI and layout of your application. Unless your application is better looking as well as with smooth and user-friendly UI and UX users won’t return. Investing in a better as well as smoother Ui & UX is recommended.
- The total number of supported platforms: If you want your on-demand application to support both Android app development as well as iOS app development then the development cost will be increased.
The final design and development cost of your application will be around $5,000 to $50,000 depending upon the various factors that I have mentioned before.
Also Read :- How to create a Music Streaming app like Spotify
Looking for a development company to hire
If you are looking for a software development company then Tech Pathway is India’s one of the top leading IT consultancy companies. Our dedicated team of developers and designers are ready with all the experience as well as the latest tools & technology to help you turn your dream app into reality. Get in touch with us and let us develop your app while you focus on more important tasks of your business.
Here’s what we offer
- Salesforce support
- Digital Marketing and Ad campaign
- AI chatbot
- Web Design
- Data Science
- Application Maintenance and update
- Quality customer service
- Record time delivery
- Post-development support
- Easy to update and maintain code script
Kinshuk Sharma is the Founder & CEO of Techpathway, a global consultancy firm that helps in business and technical consulting services and delivers the promise of technology and human ingenuity. We are the top leading consulting firm in the USA that is available in four countries. Our company is an expert in design, development, and training services. Our technology consulting services include PHP development, iPhone app development, Android app development, Laravel development, Cross-platform app development, React Native app development, and other Software development services. The Tech pathway can help create the right technology strategy with our innovation-led approach to application services. Our company is listed among the best software development company in the USA