Developing an on-demand e-commerce app like Healthkart is like developing any other e-commerce website and application with almost the same tech-stack. However, it does not mean that anyone would be able to create. Rather it will require experience and familiarity with the process and technology. With that being said, now you must be thinking about why do I need to develop an on-demand e-commerce application to sell my product. Well, the answer to that question is that using an on-demand app Health Kart. In other words, it will allow your customers to order your product with much ease as well as get many benefits such as customer services, easy access to your inventory, and many more.
If you are thinking about developing an on-demand application and wondering about How much does it cost to develop an on-demand app like Healthkart: Health & Bodybuilding Supplements then keep reading because we are going to explain the developing process as well as discuss cost deciding factors. Welcome to the Tech pathway blog, today we are going to discuss How much does it cost to develop an on-demand app like Healthkart: Health & Bodybuilding Supplements.
First, let’s check out key reason that will help you understand the benefit of creating an on-demand application
- An official application of your store will allow you to connect with your customers directly which means you can promote your sales, offers, new products without running any ads to social media or other platforms.
- According to several studies, an on-demand application is influential on your potential customers and can help you turn them into real customers that shop from you regularly.
- It is a proven fact that accessing an application that is installed on your device is way easier than accessing the website through the browser. This helps to increase efficiency and help to increase revenue.
- Customer loyalty is also one of the biggest factors that come when talking about the benefit of the application. An official application helps you to build your online presence as well as customer loyalty.
- One of the biggest benefits of having an on-demand application for your store is that you can provide services to your customers at any time.
- And the last but not least key benefit of your application will be that using an application you can store customer’s non-sensitive data including products that they like, check, add in cart and it will help you to show them more and more relative products and provide better services.
History and business model of Healthkart
Now that we know that developing an application will be beneficial let’s check out the Healthkart history and its business model.
The company was founded by Sameer Maheshwari and Prashant Tandon with the aim of providing the best international supplements to the Indian market. Before Healthkart came into the supplement market there were many stores and gym trainers that used to sell fake products with false promises to customers that sometimes result in wording the health and used to create many complications. Therefore, Healthkart saw this as an opportunity and developed the application and provided the guaranteed original products to customers that were harmless and effective. Simply by providing reliable products and great customer service Healthkart made it into the Indian market. In the year 2019, Healthkart reported that it is valued over $200 million. Currently, Healthkart also has many physical stores in all the major cities including Mumbai, Chennai, Jaipur, Varanasi.
Their business model is basically simple as they come which means they generate revenue from the products that they sell and brand sponsors.
- Server-side: ElasticSearch, Grape, I18N [2 languages], PostgreSQL, Rack, Rails, Ruby, Sidekiq
- Tools (hosting, monitoring, etc.): Airbrake, AWS S3, BrowserStack, Codeship, Confluence, GitHub, Heroku, Slack, Swagger, Testrail, Youtrack
- Integrations: http://Brreg.no, Intercom, Loco – Translation Management System, PayPal, Pexip, SendGrid, Stripe, Twilio, VideoNor.
- Application framework: Ruby on Rails
- Automation frameworks: Capybara, RSpec, PhantomJSSQL
- Data storage: PostgreSQL
- Key-value storage: Redis
- Web Server: Nginx
- Web application server: Puma
- Hosting: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
What features does your mobile app need
- Register and Login
- User-friendly access to filtering and sorting items
- Products with a detailed description
- Products gallery
- Augmented reality to check out products
- Add to cart features
- Adding delivery address option
- Order summary
- Order history
- Multiple payment methods
- Tracking order
- Return the product and check the return status
- Item availability notification
- AI for personalized products suggestions
- Membership options
- Loyalty programs
- Customer service
- Barcode scanning
- Add and remove products
- Add and remove stores
- User management
- Analytical tools
- Payment methods
- Order tracker
However, the total cost of developing an e-commerce mobile app will depend on a few different factors.
- The development company: The company which you hire will affect the final cost of your mobile app greatly. Hiring a company from a developed country such as the USA and Europe will cost you around $200 per hour. Whereas a company from a developing country such as India will cost you around $40 per hour.
- The total number of features and complexity of the app: As well as the total number of features you need into your app will decide the total developing hour hence deciding the final cost of your mobile app.
- The complexity of the UI & UX: The better and smooth UI & UX you will want into your app the more complex it will be for designers and developers to create which will be added into your developing hours.
- The total number of supported platforms: If you want your mobile app to support both Android applications and iOS applications then the final cost will increase accordingly.
The final development cost of your application like Healthkart will be anywhere between $10,000 to $50,000.
Looking for a development company
Identically, Tech Pathway is India’s one of the top leading app development companies. Additionally, we provide on-demand solutions while taking everything into account that our clients need. We have a team of experienced developers and designers that have prior experience in e-commerce mobile app development. So let us develop your e-commerce mobile app while you concentrate on more concerning matters of your business.