There are numerous apps and websites being developed which are immensely contributing in enhancing the customer experience. The digital transformation going on in different spheres of business, especially in Retail business is amazing.
Now-a-days, a retail mobile app has become a ‘must-have’ thing for modern retail business. It is not only beneficial, but also serves as an essential factor to stay on the top of the market. These retail mobile apps have also enabled businesses to manage their operations more effectively.
Apart from facilitating the purchase process, these apps also provide an engaging and active platform to both retailers and their customers.
How does a Retail mobile app help your business?
A retail mobile app development can give your business an international edge. Besides this, there are some other benefits as well-
- Intensify your brand: Generally, people prefer to buy stuff from a known merchant rather than some unknown merchant on the street. A retail mobile app would offer a pile of methods to remind customers of your brand.
- Analyze customer behavior: What is the preferred time of your customers to shop? Which are the best or worst selling products? What is the preferred payment method by your customers? A retail mobile app will provide you with all these statistics and this data can be used to improve sales.
- Attracting even the busiest customer: Visiting a store to buy grocery is a low priority task these days. A mobile app for buying groceries would be a great relief for the people who have very busy schedules. This app will help customers find their product online easily and avoid waiting for long in the billing line.
Types of order in a retail mobile app
Two types of purchases can be made using retail mobile apps-
- Online order: here the customer purchases from the online store and the products are delivered to their desired locations.
- Retail orders: here the customers make purchases from the store and can choose to pay online to avoid waiting in the long queues.
- List of grocery shops and products: this feature contains the list of available products that the users can browse and order.
- Cart page: this kind of app works exactly like a supermarket. Customers pick products and put them in their cart. After completing the purchase customers are able to see the total sum that they have to pay for their order.
- Payment methods: in online shopping customers generally prefer to pay online. They can pay using a debit/credit card, net banking, etc. It is necessary for you to implement a fast and secure payment system in your app.
- Push notifications: this is also an important feature which can improve the customer experience in your app. You can implement customized push notifications to greet your customers as they download the app.
- Product availability: this feature informs your app users about the availability of a product that can be purchased. In case the selected item is sold out, the app informs customer when it will be available.
- Price checker: this feature enables users to check the product prices and compare it with the competitors.
- Product customization: this feature allows your customers to customize their products before purchasing which reduces the return and exchange rate of items.
- Social sharing: this feature enables your customers to socially connect with their friends and ask them regarding the purchase online.
- Geo location: this feature will lead your customers to your store easily. This feature will also inform the users of your app about the deals, discounts, offers, etc.
- QR code reader: your store staff and customers will like this QR scanner in the app as they won’t require to type the product name manually. All they have to do is to just scan the QR code from their phone and it will show the entire product information, shopping trends, reviews, etc.
What is the cost of developing a retail application like Walmart?
The cost of build a retail mobile app is affected by the size of the app and the design and development rates. However the actual development cost ranges somewhere between $10000 to $15000.