What is a White Paper?
A white paper is an accurate report that explains the benefits of a particular technology, product or policy. White papers are generally brought out on the Web and are printed by researchers, organization vendors and advisers. White papers are commonly used to describe the theory behind a new technology of computer methodology. The white paper allows the reader to figure out an issue, solve a problem, or make a decision. White papers are data-centric, heavy-texted business documents. Due to the large amount of data and research, white papers are deep reads and tend to have a formal tone.
For whom a white paper is written?
A white paper is generally written for-
- User representatives
- Corporate Executives
White papers are especially well-read by IT managers.
What is the Scope of a White Paper?
Scope of a white paper is very wide and it lies in promoting a product, service, technology or methodology, and to influence current and potential customers’ decisions. The demand for white papers is increasing surprisingly and they have become a standard component for every B2B marketer. And the white papers are present in every industry such as technology, advertising, construction, healthcare, insurance, etc., It has become true for every B2B company which is selling something new, expensive or complex.
White paper framework for on demand services:
For an on demand service to become successful needs a proper framework to be followed. Therefore, let’s have a detailed look at the framework required for different on-demand services:
These days app development has gained a high importance in the IT services. Almost every service industry owns an application to render services to their customers at their doorsteps. An app development framework is based upon the different panels made for the app users, advanced features which the company wants to add in its application like now-a-days many people are using tracking feature in their apps to make it convenient for users to track their delivery.
Mobile app development has various CMS including-
- Android development
- iPhone development
- Mobile app optimization
- Windows phone development
- Cloud computing
- Cross platform development
Nowadays it’s not that easy to appease your customers with a basic online presence because everyone wants to see you updated as per the latest technological trends. However, the burden can be reduced to a great extent if your web developers are well-versed with the latest web development frameworks. A web development framework generally comprises of a feature rich website with numerous other components. The CMS components of web development include-
- Framework development
- Open source development
- Java development
- Other development services
Website Designing plays an important role in online business. Your customers get fascinated by seeing your product & services which is displayed creatively & beautifully. Also, a good design impels your website visitors to explore your website further. The only way to keep your customers engaged & increase your sale is eye-catching website design, good content, easy-to-use features & much more. A website can be creatively designed with the help of following CMS-
- Web designs
E-commerce framework relates to the software frameworks for e-commerce applications. They offer an environment for building e-commerce applications quickly. They are flexible enough to adapt all scientific requirements. As a result, they are suitable for building virtually all kinds of online shops and e-commerce related applications.
An E-Commerce frameworks should
- define the general program flow
- consist of reusable components
- be organized in functional domains
A customer not just wants a website or a mobile app they also look for the latest trends in the market and what their competitors are going for. It is not easy to satisfy them as a basic online presence is just not sufficient. Stepping up with the latest technological innovations is equally important. The latest CMS includes-
- Software development
- BPM solutions
- Robotic process automation
- Hyper ledger blockchain development
- Reality development
- Currency solutions
An application programming interface (API) is a set of routines, data structures, object classes and/or protocols provided by libraries and/or operating system services in order to support the building of applications. API’s can be used as web services, it is the type of API over HTTP. Some of the examples of an API’s can be Google, Twitter, Facebook, PayPal and Stripe, etc.
White paper- GAMEPLAN
To start with the white paper, we firstly need to understand the basic structure to be followed while writing one. A proper gameplan should be prepared in the following way-
- Business impact: A white paper for any company must start from explaining its business model and its impact. Businesses generally rely upon their efficiency to fulfill their users request and to adopt standard services and reliability on more consistent and predictable service delivery and stronger policy enforcement and governance.
- Process design and implementation: Every organization’s journey to deliver on-demand services should be uniquely tailored to the objectives and resources of the company. Following are the approaches for designing and implementing on-demand services-
- Assess needs and readiness
- Design solution and establish roadmap
- Develop and test service catalog and self-service portal
- Launch and roll out full solution
- Preparing the roadmap: A roadmap is a strategic plan which defines certain goals and outcomes and includes milestones to reach those goals. Technically, a roadmap is a flexible planning technique to support strategic and long-range planning, by matching short-term and long-term goals with specific technology solutions. A roadmap includes everything starting from the incorporation of the business till its future plans.
- Technology/Tool considerations: A technical white paper is incomplete without the technological considerations. The service catalog and service portals are the core of on-demand services platform.
- A disclaimer: It is a main component of every white paper and should be present at the end of your white paper as it explains all the legal restrictions related to the distribution, publication, sharing, availability or use.
Writing a good white paper is not an easy task. However, the investment of time and skill can produce a relevant document that shares your company’s knowledge, contributing to the overall education and progress in your industry. And, a good white paper increases business opportunities as well.
A seasoned Digital Marketer and a pro-blogger, Suprabhat loves writing about anything. He is working as a Digital Marketing Executive for Tech Pathway, a company that provide world-class social media and search marketing services and web & mobile app development.