These days the sphere of education is greatly transformed by the welcoming changes driven by smartphone technology. Elearning application Byju’s success in India has disrupted the educational process, making us consider the power of innovative, more progressive m-learning solutions in real life.
By making the learning process more interactive, engaging and addictive, Byju’s has surprisingly emerged as India’s top online coaching and school education system. The mobile app offers a comprehensive standard of learning with much ease, simplicity, and effectiveness. The app already has 8 million users and thousands of paid subscribers with unbelievable user retention rates.
How eLearning application changing life for students
eLearning mobile applications are cost-effective as compared to traditional forms of learning. The reason for this price reduction is because learning through this method happens very quickly and easily. A lot of training time is reduced concerning trainers, travel, course materials, and accommodation.
Essential features to add in an Elearning App
- Easy sign up for the user
- Pay for the subscription plan
- Student can choose a subject from the study plan
- Student can choose a tutor
- Testing knowledge through Quizzes and online exams
- View and choose a subscription plan
- Student can view the subscription plan
- Students can view the subject available
- Students can post questions
- They can search for a tutor
- Connect with the tutor through video chat, text chat or by posting a questions
Feature of teachers panel
- Teacher register account
- The teacher can enhance his detailed profile
- A teacher can manage his account setting
- The teacher can change his account details
- A teacher can view the available questions and can answer them
- The teacher can connect with the student on video chat, voice call and over the chat
- The teacher can view the available questions and answer them
Feature of the parent panel
- Social sign up and log in
- Student performance and tracking
- Course progress and tracking
- In-app chat with teachers
- Check assessments
- Course subscription management
- Course subscriptions management
- Get alerts from admin and teachers
Feature of super admin panel
- Admin can manage the badge
- User management
- Admin can manage subjects
- Location Allowed
- Manage the credits
- Premium subscription management
- Content and various filter
Technology Used to Develop an App like Byju’s
- To process and manage data in real-time you can use: Kafka Software
- For storage or caching with CDNs, it is better to use Amazon S3
- To integrate with Python services and model-based testing, use GraphWalker.
- For the primary platform structure, App Developer can take the help of Google Cloud platforms or Dataproc.
- For the desktop-based UI (CEF) Chromium embedded Framework is a better option than others.
- you can also use Bootstrap for making it look classy and smooth for websites.
- Push Notifications – Twilio, Push.io
- SMS, Voice, and Phone Verification -Nexmo, Twilio
- Payments – Braintree & PayPal, Stripe, EWallets
- GWT – for Powerful Programming
- Datastax – for Data Management
- Mandrill – for everything related to emails
- Debian– the Universal Operating System
- Database – MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, Postgres, Mail Chimp Integration
- Cloud Environment – AWS
- Real-time Analytics – Hadoop, Spark, BigData, Apache Flink, Cisco, IBM
- Streaming Media System – Helix Universal Server, Wowza Streaming Engine, Nimble Streamer can be used
Team structure to develop an eLearning app
There should an expert team for managing the development and management of the eLearning App.
- Project Manager: A manager who is Well-equipped with managerial skills and good intellect is important for the project after all these attributes are essential to recognize the best in the mobile app industry landscape. Your project manager must find the most productive solutions effective for the accomplishment of your eLearning mobile application goals and insights.
- Developers: Android App Developer for android mobile app, IOS App Developer for IOS mobile-based application, Back-end App Developers, Database Manager, Cloud Computing Expert
- Designers: Expert UX/UI designers, Graphic Designer
- Testers: A team of proficient and skilled QA experts can be helpful to deliver a finalized smooth and rich experience to users.
Development Cost of Elearning Application
Now let’s talk about the cost of M-Learning app development depends on its size & complexity. Other than that, the location of the developers and the number of hours consumed in the app creation play a crucial role in deciding over the app development cost. Based on different zones, here we have outlined the cost to develop a featured mobile eLearning application.
US-based developers: $800 to $200 per hour
Eastern Europe-based developers: $60 to $150 per hour
India-based developers: $20 to $40 per hour
Now according to the segments to be developed, the actual cost of development of such an app in India is graphed below:
Technical documentation (40 hours – $1000 to $2000)
UI/UX design (60 Hours – $1000 to $2000)
Front-end and Back-end development (400 Hours – $6,000 to $ 10,000)
Testing (80 Hours – $1000 to $2500)
After calculating the above overhead charges, the average cost of a mobile eLearning application can be outlined. A reasonable mobile application with limited features may cost up to $5,000 to $15,000 for a single platform and the charges can extend up to $25,000 in case, the mobile-based application development is feature-rich and is driven by high-quality standards.
A seasoned Digital Marketer and a pro-blogger, Suprabhat loves writing about anything. He is working as a Digital Marketing Executive for Tech Pathway, a company that provide world-class social media and search marketing services and web & mobile app development.