Dating apps have completely changed the way people used to meet partners, become friends, and find love in them. Nowadays it’s all about finding someone who shares the same mindset as us and spending some quality time in this fast life. If anything goes wrong, it’s just a matter of time when they install the app again and move on. However, this does not mean that dating apps are any bad and in the end, it all comes down to the user. On-demand dating apps like Feeld are there to help people find a person who shares the same mindset as them and is ready to be in a relationship. Once you have liked someone on the app a connection will be made between your profile.
Both of you will be able to use that connection to exchange photos and numbers. If you are someone who has an entrepreneur mindset and want to know how to create an on-demand dating app like Feeld. Well, then you are exactly in the right place. Because today we will be sharing with you some key features, and cost deciding factors of your app. Welcome to the Tech Pathway blog, today we have brought to you a blog on how to create an on-demand dating app like Feeld.
History and business model of Feeld
The application was first introduced to the world in 2014 by Feeld Ltd as 3nder name. However, later because of Tinder’s lawsuit they changed it to Feeld. Feeld allows its users to like up to 50 profiles in 24 hours. The dating app has a reputation for being a dating app that only is for people who want casual relationships. However, Feeld users seem to love the app and the concept behind it. Soon after its launch in 2015, Feeld became highly popular among the younger generation wanting casual relationships. And currently, it has a market valuation of over $500K.
Feeld also offers premium membership to its users that enables them to use extra features of the app. For example, users can like as many people as they want if they have a premium subscription to the app.
Currently trend of online dating
- According to several studies, the current dating market is on the rise at a CGPR of 4.62% rate and will soon reach the $9 billion milestones from its current $7 billion.
- Another study suggests that by the year-end of 2030 almost half of the married couple would have met via an online platform.
- These statistics are supported by the fact that currently, over 20% of the dating couple have found their life-partner on one of the on-demand dating platforms.
- In the USA alone over 1 out of 6 marriages have happened because of an n-demand platform like Bumble and Tinder.
- Despite its reputation, not everyone is on the dating app for hookups or casual relations rather almost half are looking for something serious.
- According to one of the most popular on-demand dating platforms eHarmony has helped over 2 million couples to get in a serious relationship.
How do on-demand dating apps match people?
Dating application uses various techniques to find the perfect partners for their users such as
- Preferences: Dating apps like Feeld uses machine learning and advanced AI to match people. The matches are done based on user preferences, location, and likes.
- Matches: To connect with someone and chat on Feeld, both sides have to like the other one’s profile.
- Location: Location is another important factor that dating apps use to match people.
- Your niche: Some of the apps use your interests, sexual preferences, and gender to select you for a social group and use that to find the match.
How you can monetize your Feeld like app
Google ads: Google ads are one of the most used ways to monetize applications. They use a few lines of code that developers can put in the app.
Paid alone features: These features are a one-time purchase. Users will be able to use them once after paying for them.
Sponsored profile: allowing users to put their profile and increasing their chances of mating is a great way to generate more revenue.
Subscription: Other than Google ads, you can also allow your users to purchase a subscription to the app for a week or month. Users will be able to use the premium features of the app after paying for the subscription.
Key features of an on-demand dating app like Feeld
- Sign in
- User profile
- Profile verification
- Set preference
- The interest
- Set location
- Check profile ad view photos
- Swipe left or right, or swipe upside or down to show interest
- In-app chat feature
- call feature
- In-app calling
- Delete chat
- Push notification
- Report user
- Report manage
- Chat history
- Choose subscription plan
- Multiple payment gateways
- Sign in
- Routine backup
- Security management system
- Discovery settings
- Push notification management system
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Update the application
- Analytic reports
- Make reports
- User management system
- Content management system
- Payment management system
There are a few factors that come into play when you are estimating the cost of your dating app like Feeld.
The first factor is the type of app
There are 4 types of application
- Web app: Web apps cost between $10000 to $15000.
- Hybrid app: These cost between $15000 to $20000.
- React Native app: They cost about $20000 to $25000.
- Native app: They cost more than $30,000+.
The location of the development company
The location of the development company that will be developing your app is another factor that matters when it comes to the development cost of an app. Different software development companies charge differently to their customers. Generally, this depends upon whether the country is developed or developing. For example:
- A USA based company: Per development hour rates are $200.
- A Europe-based company: Per development hour rates are $150.
- An Australia-based company: Per development hour rates are $100.
- An India-based company: Per development hour rates are $40 to $50.
The total number of platforms
Depending upon the total number of platforms you want your dating app to support will also affect the final development cost. You can use Hybrid apps to lower the cost. However, hybrid apps have their fair share of hurdles.
The quality of the UI & UX
Unless your dating application has a simple but customized better-looking layout as well as easy to navigate, users are not going to pay for it. Depending upon the quality of UI & UX the final design cost of your app will increase as well as decrease.
The total number of features and panels
The last factor is the total number of features and panels you are going to use in your app. A perfect dating app shall have all of the key features that I have above-mentioned. Depending upon the above-mentioned factor the estimated design and development cost of your on-demand dating app like Feeld will be anywhere between $5,000 to $50,000.
Looking for a development company
If you are looking for a budget-friendly development company to create your dating app well then you are exactly in the right place. Tech Pathway is India’s one of the top leading IT consultancy companies. Our designers and developers have prior experience with developing on-demand dating apps. In addition to this, every single of our developers has different areas of expertise with technologies. Tech Pathways’ biggest goal is a quality application and satisfied client. You can also contact us to hire android developers as well as hire iOS developers. To fulfill your android development and iOS development outsourcing needs.