We are living in an era of the digital revolution, when most businesses and services have already adopted digital methods more and more are coming into the market each day. Since you have searched How to develop an on-demand mobile payment application chances are you are already aware of how every online business or service has a need for a payment method/gateway that is fulfilled by mobile payment applications. The total global market was estimated at $5 billion in 2017 (3 years back) and estimated to reach $3000+ billion by 2024 at a 60% pace. This is a whole new level of opportunity to make a profit. If you are also thinking about getting a piece of this market and thinking about How to develop an on-demand mobile payment application. Welcome, today we are going to share with you some of the best companies in the on-demand mobile payment market and how to develop an on-demand mobile payment application.
Also read this :- How Can You Build A P2P payment App Like Venmo and Square Cash?
Some of the top mobile payment applications are the following:
Developed by Elon Musk himself, PayPal was first launched in 1998, almost since the inception of the Internet itself. Later Elon Musk sold PayPal at $2 billion in 2002. The online payment gateway later evolved into a mobile application. Being one of the world’s first payment gateway PayPal has helped so many businesses to come online. Right now if you are using a PayPal account then you can purchase any product and service from all around the world since their gateway is used by many business owners online.
Owned by Google, Google Pay was first launched in India as Tez in 2015. Later Google changed the app’s name to Google Pay in order to release the application worldwide. The mobile application is based on UPI (Unified Interface Payment) and uses this technology to transfer money directly into people’s bank accounts. They are the most used on-demand payment application in India.
Based in Noida, India Paytm was first launched as a mobile recharge gateway in August 2010. Later in 2014, the company launched a wallet system for its users. Customers can use this Wallet to make transactions and store up to 100,000 rupees. Later after Demonetization happened in India they started it’s UPI services too. Currently, the Paytm mobile app also has a Paperless bank Paytm Payment Bank that is available for its users.
Apple was initially launched in 2014 by the company Apple. The mobile app uses NFC technology to pay at merchandise stores and you can also pay while shopping online. The mobile app allows users to pay by using different identification methods such as fingerprint, Pin, password, and FaceID too. Although Apple hasn’t officially launched it’s service in India since there were some rules and regulation hurdles with National Payments Corporation of India. But you can still use the application for online shopping purposes by just looking for an Apple Pay payment option during checkout.
Another mobile app in the list of top popular Payment apps is Amazon Pay, the payment gateway was launched in 2007 for Amazon’s existing customers. Currently, the payment gateway has its own Amazon wallet in which users can receive gift cards and cashback. In February 2019 they launched UPI service too to send money directly into other bank accounts.
In December 2015, Sameer Nigam, Burzin Engineer, and Rahul Chari launched PhonePe for the first time. Later the app was acquired by Flipkart in 2016, which was acquired by Walmart in 2018. So currently Walmart owns Phonepe. Besides having UPI to peer money transfer, Phonepe also allows its users to do mobile recharge, pay electricity bills, water bills, credit card bills, and many other services.
MobiKwik was launched in 2009 in India. The mobile can be used by users to make peer money transfer payments. In addition to that Mobwikwik also allows its users to pay for electricity. Water, credit, EMI bills. MobiKwik also provides shopping features and offers various offers, discounts, gift cards and cash back to its users.
What an on-demand payment application required
- Add bank account
- Add Credit Card & Debit Card
- Offers, Cashbacks, Gift Cards
- In-app chat & call support/Customer care
- Pay bills
- Add bank account
- Add Credit card and Debit card
- Accept payment option
- Generate QR code
- In-app chat & call support/customer care
- Push Notification
- Analytical tools
- Geo-location tracker
- Allow offers and deals
The development cost of on-demand mobile payment applications will be depended upon the following factors
- The geo-location of the development company: Depending upon the location of the development company that you hire, the total development cost will be determined. For example, a USA based development company will charge you almost around $250 per hour whereas a development company in India with the same experience and expertise will charge you almost $40 per hour. This difference alone is enough to make you realize how important it is to choose a development company carefully.
- The complexity of the app: The next factor that will decide the total cost will be the complexity of your mobile app. Since the number of features you want into your app will increase the development hours hence increasing the total development cost. The better UI/UX you want in your app will make it as complex which will also increase the total development hours.
- The total number of platforms: Depending upon the total number of platforms you want your app to run will increase the development cost by almost twice the original amount. Since developers have to write code scripts for both (Android and IOS) platforms separately it will increase the total development hours.
The total development cost of your on-demand mobile payment app will be anywhere between $10,000 to $100,000 depending upon the above-mentioned factors.
Looking for a development company
Tech Pathway is India’s one of the top leading online solution companies. We have a team of experienced developers, designers, and social media marketers which means we are ready to help you at every corner as you focus on more important tasks of your business. Our developers and designers team already has enough experience with developing mobile payment applications.