Before the pandemic, there was a huge scope of going outside and order drinks on weekends or whenever you wanted to do the celebrations. But now everything is temporarily closed and we have one place to enjoy that is our home. Instead of going out, we are finding ways to enjoy in our homes. So keep in mind the comfort and enjoyment of people, businesses are taking a new step by delivering the alcohol online. Most people consume alcohol during various events, for them, the market is ensuring and fulfilling the on-demand alcohol delivery apps.
The alcohol delivery apps offer the customers to order their favorite drinks, track their orders, make payments through multiple methods. Apart from this they also give customer’s a chance to order from their nearby liquor shops. Since our research, we have found out that in other countries people are enjoying the alcohol delivery services at their doorsteps. These reasons are enough to start with alcohol delivery apps. There is one more benefit that when people go outside in cafes and other places they have to spend double money on liquor, now they can get the liquor at a reasonable price at their doorsteps.
On this blog of Tech Pathway, you will get every detail about the alcohol delivery app so that you can remove the confusion when you start this business, and also you can get the estimation to invest in this kind of app. Read the full blog to find out the business models, what technology is used, features that are required, and most important the cost of developing an on-demand alcohol delivery app.
The business model of an on-demand alcohol delivery apps
Before discussing the business models we should let you know about some apps related to alcohol delivery: Minibar, Casker, delivery.com, fresh direct, swill, drizzly, saucy, and the first leaf. These apps provide you each type of liquor from beer to wine.
Alcohol delivery apps use three types of business models:
- Aggregator:- There will be an involvement of alcohol dealers and customers. The app owner will give the platform to both where alcohol dealer can list their products and do the marketing while customers search for a particular product to buy. So there is a need to invest only in the app.
- Marketplace :- It works like an online platform where alcohol dealers can register and sell their liquor to the customer. Apart from this all the responsibility like to deliver the alcohol, check the inventory, manage the deals all has to be done by dealers only.
- Dedicated :- This kind of business model works for those owners where the business owners will separately maintain the inventories and deal with the dealers.apart from this owner have to do all the functionalities like managing the inventory, delivery, reports, reviews, and more.
How does the app work?
- The first user will create the profile and make them registered on the app
- Then users choose the category of liquor and from its nearby stores and place the order.
- When the user completes the process of placing the order, then the store prepares the item and packed it.
- Then the package is delivered to the customers by our verified delivery boy at the doorstep.
How does the app make money?
- Commission:- This is the most common method to generate revenue, the app owner deals with the alcohol stores to provide the platform to sell and in return, these stores pay some decided commission to the owner.
- Featured listing:- As on a single app, various stores are registered, so the app owner offers the upper and top slot to the store owner in the category list, and in return, they charge the extra money for this.
- In-app Advertisement:- App owner allows other business to market their relevant products on their app platform, and in exchange, they charged some fixed money to use the platform.
- eStore Commission:- App owners also add eCommerce features to the app by offering beer mugs, wine, and whiskey glasses. And other related products. It helps make the customers spend more time on the app.
- User registration
- Signup and Login
- Browse liquor products
- Category filter
- Provide reviews
- Track orders
- Push notifications
- Various payment options
- Extra reward and offers
- View order history
- Schedule delivery
- Register and sign in
- Manage store
- Arrange customers
- Manage orders
- Manage inventory
- Check orders and prices
- Real-time reporting
- Push notifications
- Offers and discount management
- add/delete delivery persons
- Manage pending and ongoing orders
- Assign orders to delivery executives
- Navigate the location of the customer
- accept/deny a request
- Answering customer queries
- Registration and sign-in
- modify/create/upgrade/ delete any liquor category
- Manage product prices
- Check reviews and ratings
- Generate reports
- Check inventories
- Manage delivery executives
The cost of an app depends on various features and factors included in the app. The features which we have mentioned above are the basic features of the app, apart from these various features upgraded with the technology and increases the cost of an on-demand alcohol delivery app. We are mentioning some factors also to let you know exactly what factors affect the cost:
- App features, both must-have and advanced
- The selection of the platform i.e. iOS or Android, or both
- Website connectivity
- Front-end and back-end app development
- UI/UX development
- Rates charged based on time by the app development company
- Location of the app development
However, The overall development cost of an alcohol delivery app is $70,000 to $80,000 for the basic app, this is the cost of the U.S. Although, if you want to develop your app at a reasonable cost then you should go with the budget of India. The app will cost you around $15,000 to $20,000 starting from the basic app, if you want an advanced app with more advanced features then the cost can extend up to $50,000.
- For Push Notifications: APNS( Apple push notifications/FCM( Firebase cloud messaging)
- For SMS, Voice, and Phone Verification: Twilio, Sinch, Nexmo
- Accepting payments: Braintree, Stripe & PayPal
- For Powerful Programming: GWT
- Data Management: Datastax
- For everything related to emails: Mail Chimp Integration, Mandrill
- The Universal Operating System: Debian, Macintosh, Ubuntu, CentOS
- Database: MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, Postgres
- Cloud Environment: AWS and Google
- Real-time Analytics: Hadoop, Spark, BigData, Apache Flink, Cisco, IBM
Searching for an on-demand Alcohol Delivery apps development company
Tech Pathway is the best company if you are looking for all these services for your brand. Because they have experience of how these companies work and what are their business models. Here we have our experienced team of developers and designers who will give you full and final guidance on “how to build an on-demand alcohol delivery app”.you will get all your answers and solutions in one place.