The 21st century is all about the Internet and how you can use the Internet to promote yourself or your product. Digital marketing started in the early 21st century when the world started compiling on the Internet as a daily user. Nowadays companies often struggle with the obvious question of how to integrate tradition & digital marketing. If you are also starting your marketing journey or about to launch a new product and wondering how to promote your products using both intergate tradition and digital marketing techniques. Well, the obvious answer is to integrate both of them. By integrating both digital marketing with traditional marketing strategies, you can attract more than ever potential customers.
In their preferred way as well as equip and motivate your marketing teams and sales team, and increase the chances of achieving your sales goals. Welcome to the Tech Pathway blog, today we are going to share with you How to integrate tradition & digital marketing.
Also read:- Digital Marketing Roles and Responsibilities
What is traditional marketing?
As some may remember the time when we used to read daily newspapers. At that time newspapers were used to fill with ads. In addition to this, companies used to fight over billboards and other ad spaces so more and more people would watch their ad. Traditional marketing is a term that is used. When people promote their products using traditional methods including mouth-to-mouth talk, newspapers, billboards, television, radio, or anywhere else they can find ad space. In other words, Traditional marketing methods do not contain promoting products using the Internet or applications.
Traditional marketing methods have their own share of pros and cons compared to digital marketing. For example, once you have paid for an ad in the newspaper it will continue to inform people about your product or services. On the other hand, a digital ad on a website will show only as long as you are paying for that.
Promoting one’s product or services using digital medium including the Internet, mobile apps, or social media platforms is called digital marketing. Although, even digital marketing is not all great. Since you can only use it as long as you are willing to pay. Once you have stopped the payment the ads will stop. However, digital marketing is important to build a strong SEO for your website. That can help you to get organic traffic through the Internet.
How to integrate traditional and digital marketing
- The most common approach is to print your social media address on the newspaper ads or billboards you publish ads. We all have seen this approach where companies rent a big billboard. And use it to direct the traffic on their social media accounts including their website. As people become intrigued by the colours, images, and writing on the printed ad, they also see a Twitter page address or even Facebook page address written below. This approach of using traditional and digital marketing is effective because viewers can always search the addresses of your website or social media pages when next time they go online using their smartphones or PCs. Since traditional marketing methods are a one-time investment and can promote your product as long as they exist, you will continue getting traffic.
- Other than using billboards or newspapers to bring traffic to your website. Marketers also have started using television ads to bring customers to the landing page of their website. Although TV ads are short and highly expensive, they are also fast and highly effective too. According to a report, about 20% of the viewers are interested in watching ads while waiting for their show to come back. If you can make an intriguing ad that also tells people about your digital platforms. Then it will be way too easy for you to bring traffic over to your website.
Well for starting you shouldn’t solely focus on a single method of marketing. The best way to go is to focus on both of the methods.
- Another popular marketing trend is to use printed QR codes on ads. Your products, or other places to bring them on your website or another digital platform. People across the globe still read printed magazines as well as newspapers. These newspapers and magazines are sold. All over or place such as beauty parlors and barbershops for people to read as they wait to receive services. Even if you are to read the ads section in today’s newspaper. You are likely to find a QR code or a barcode. That you can scan with your smartphone and directly visit the specific page without having to type any kind of address. Using a QR code or Barcode to bring traffic is an effective way to more sales.
- Businesses around the globe also run digital magazines. as well as digital newsletter campaigns by sending emails to people across the world. People are using these newspapers and magazines and spaces to promote their products or services. Even today newspapers and magazines are working hard to convert their paper media into digital media as well as bring customers to their website platform. These organizations sell ad space in their newsletters or magazines.
- The next way to integrate both digital and traditional marketing is word of mouth.
- This is an effective traditional marketing method that can be use to inform people about your social media pages or a website. One of the examples is that you can see this happening. When the sales agents make sure by making all of the efforts to bring this to your attention. Sometimes sales people also inform customers by saying that. If they want they can also use their online platform to shop since it is more convenient.
Looking for a digital marketing company
IF you are looking for a digital marketing company. That can also help you by integrate both traditional and digital marketing. Well, in that case, Tech Pathway is one of the top leading software development companies that also offers digital marketing services to their clients. We have experience with hundreds of traditional and digital marketing campaigns. Being an IT development company. We can also make sure that your website and application are helping you build your SEO and ranking higher.