A Library management system is a software that uses to maintain the record of the library. It contains work like the number of available books in the library, the number of books are issued or returning or renewing a book or late fine charge record, etc. Library Management Systems is software that helps to maintain a database that is useful to enter new books & record books borrowed by the members, with the respective submission dates. Moreover, It also reduces the manual record burden of the librarian.
In other words, the library management system allows the librarian to manage library resources in a more effective manner that will help to save their time. It is also convenient for the librarian to manage the process of books issuing and making payment. LMS is also useful for students as well as a librarian to keep the constant track of the availability of all books in a store.
Importance of library management system:
- A library management system is the most proficient and easy to use to the system for managing all the processes involved in a Library in the most effective ways.
- This system will reduce all the manual work and the whole process can be managed just through single clicks and edits.
- There will be no headache and dubiousness of storing the data securely and searching the records of any individual afterward.
- Any books seeker can rent a book just by signing in with their details, and the date of returning it.
- The staff can also facilitate themselves with some extra permits and privileges.
- Only, one person is required to take care of the whole system, without any chances of mistakes.
Advantage of the library management system:
- It reduces the manual paperwork through LMS proper information of books has been recorded electronically.
- Admin can keep update the information of books and manage availability and arriver record of the book.
- It saves human efforts and time.
- With the help of library management software and well-organized books store, the user can easily search and find the books.
- It improves library presentation and allows the librarian to arrange available books in the right manner.
Who can use the library management system?
The Library management system is nowadays important for schools, colleges, private libraries, and other organizations. They can use this software as the purpose of books issuing and returning for renewal. Moreover, LMS software helps the librarian to maintain information about book issuing and returning the book before the last date.
- Library management system are useful for such organization:
- School libraries
- Collage libraries
- Private libraries
- Reference libraries
- National libraries
- Public libraries
- Morden Public libraries
- Public leading libraries
Additional Features of the Library Management System
- Catalogue Management: It helps to maintain proper records of the book like the name of author and publisher, Date and year of the book published, cost of the book, etc.
- Search book facility: -Store books and classified with their subject wise
- It is used to maintain how many books are issued to a particular student
- Circulation Management: Automatic fine calculation for the defaulter.
- Reserve Management System: Registered users can easily check the status of their books.
- It Book reservation system
- Bar code scanner:-Barcode contains information about books and magazines.
- Easy Online Access: The feature can be accessed at any time of the day it provides 24×7 Facility.
Features for librarian panel:
- Catalog Management
- Manage Contact Details
- Books staff and Student record Management
- Import and export full data related to books in the excel sheet manner
- Database backup and restore System
- Customizable fine setting
- The Lost book recovery system
- Full information about books is maintained about like track the details of books and magazine details like issued and return process.
Features for library members:
- Apply for membership
- Manage profile of the member
- Book payment and book history. example: – which member issued which book
- Check fine balances
- Registered user can view the order of books
- Social Sharing
Cost for The Library Management System:
Depending on the high-level features mentioned above in the document, the estimated cost will be in a range of $15000-$25000. However, having said that, we must mention that the cost will vary according to the exact requirement of our esteemed clients.
In short, Library Management system software which helps to manage all the work of the library electronically. This software helps to fulfill all requirements of the library and it is capable to effectively store the data related to the book information. At Tech Pathway, we can develop an app for library management to manage your library at your home. We are a leading mobile app development company and have developed more than 100+ apps for our worldwide clients. Hire our extremely talented developers to get developed your app with all your requirements.