Technology is changing day by day as per the needs of the future and competition, So as the origin of technology is changing. Every quarter or year we are experiencing modifications in the preferences of programming language. Some remain in the market and get knocked and some lose the attention. At present, two programming languages have gained the attention of programmers that is Swift vs Python in this article.
We have mentioned various elements of swift and python and compare both languages to answer the best language to learn. Welcome to Tech Pathway blog, before proceeding with Python Vs. Swift comparison first we will see the actual explanation of both.
What is Python?
Python has become the most popular language which is designed by Guido Van Rossum in 1991 and further expanded by the Python software foundation. It is a general-purpose coding language This language is developed with the aim of stress code readability along with syntax enables programmers to code minimum and express their part. It reduces the cost and speeds up the coder’s workflow.
This language has already taken the front seat a few years ago by making popular companies use this language like Netflix, Dropbox, Facebook, Spotify, Instagram, and more
What is Swift?
Swift programming language was introduced in the year 2014 for Apple-like macOS, iOS, watchOS, tvOS, and beyond. This language uses a modern approach to software design patterns by Apple Inc. this language has quickly gained success in the top five programming languages and replaces the most popular language that is Objective C.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Swift Language
- Safety and Security:- This language is static that’s why this language can easily tackle the bugs before the compilation. This will enhance the criteria of safer programming in regards to speed and performance. This language is around 40% better than objective-C.
- Capability :- Programmers have made this language open-source. This language is available on a wide range of cross-platforms like Linux, Windows, and other Apple platforms like iOS, iOS X, macOS, and more. It also provides the opportunity to integrate with a large number of backend tools by using swift sandbox available in the cloud.
- Auto memory management:- ARC that is automatic reference counting, this feature tracks and prevents memory leaks also helps in optimizing the application’s performance. So overall it saves time by doing it automatically.
- Easy to maintain:-Swift language has a simple syntax and it is based on English so it requires syntax from another programming language which makes this language expressive and easy to read and write. Developers can easily understand this language.
- Coordination:- As you already know Objective C is replaced by Swift so it integrates with an objective-C runtime library that makes it easy to write the programs by using C, C++, Objective-C, and Swift.
- Limited candidates:- As Swift is a new programming language for everyone, that’s why there is a limited number of developers in this field. But this drawback is profitable for Swift developers.
- Limited tools:- Swift language is updating continuously so there are fewer tools for different versions. And the remaining tools are not for the newer versions.
- Compatibility problem:- Since the newer version of swift is developed, there is lots of instability coming on the way as if a developer wants to switch their projects to a newer version then they have to rewrite the code.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Python Language
- Multistandard :- This language consists of both procedural language and object-oriented. Through procedural support, programmers can reuse code on the other hand object-oriented methodology can access various inheritance and summarising data and functions into one.
- Open-source:- A programmer can download and modify its source code because of its open-source feature. This led to the development of a bold community that keeps growing stronger.
- Portable and accessible:- It supports several platforms, so there is no need to modify the code if a programmer wants their project to be supported in another platform.
- Piles of libraries:- It’s been so long that python is a well-known language in the community right now. Till now it has built a strong community with several libraries and frameworks. Apart from the standard library this language is offering some additional libraries like Pandas, Plotly, NumPy, Pipenvothers, and is included as well. Django, Flask, CherryPy, and PyTorch are. Among the most famous frameworks.
- Combined with other languages:- Being a convertible and contained language, this is the easiest language to be integrated with other languages like C, C++, and Java.
- Memory exhaustion:- Python language is known for its high memory consumption which does not support intense memory tasks.
- Design limitation:- This language has a limitation of design. Python is a typed language that uses duck typing. It can analyze the variable. Sometimes it can cause runtime errors.
- Unreal for mobile development:- Python is not a perfect solution for mobile developers. However, you can use Kivy ( a cross-platform python framework that develops mobile apps)
Swift vs Python
|purpose||As it is supported by Apple, Swift is meant for developing software for the Apple ecosystem||This language is meant for use cases but primarily it is used for back-end development.|
|Python vs swift performance and python vs swift speed||As the name suggests, Apple ensures that Swift is 8.4x faster as compared to Python.
Example: Swift Playgrounds
|Python is slow in case of speed, in gaming apps the execution should be fast that’s why Python is not the right choice. If you get more servers online then performance speed can increase.|
|Python vs swift jobs||When a person selects the language to start with, then they also research for jobs in a particular market. overall 6k developer vacancies are there on indeed.||Around 58,000 python developer vacancies are present. Which is far more in numbers compare to Swift|
|Python vs swift salary||Swift developers earn around $111,158 per year.||The average salary of Python developers is around $114,492 per year|
|Tools integrate||The integrated tools are Airbrake, Imgix, Google code prettify, Cocoa Touch(ios), and more||The integrated tools are Django, Pycharm, Sentry, Flask, Datadog, and more|
|Reason to choose: python vs swift first language||Swift is a fast and reliable language to use. The documentation of Swift includes e-books, a ton of community guidelines, online and offline courses, and the most important swift playground for the gamified learning experience.||Python is known for its simple programming syntax code that makes it easier to read and use English-like commands that make the coding more efficient.|
The Best Language to choose Swift vs Python for 2020
Both languages have their pros and cons. Python takes minimum time but performance is not up to the mark. On the other hand, Swift captures safe programming criteria and integrates modern features to give an easier experience to programmers.
And in case of considering the purpose, if you want to develop the applications before Apple platforms then Swift is the right choice or if you want to develop own artificial intelligence and develop the backend or create a prototype then you can opt for Python.
Learn python vs swift you will understand Both languages have particular strengths business owners or programmers have to search their required suited criteria to select one.