Now-a-days, it has become a strenuous task to find a good job. And dropping your resumes from company to company has become quite obsolete. Even the recruiters don’t have enough time to screen through the pile of CV’s.
But thanks to all these job portals like Naukri.com, Indeed, Shine.com, Monster.com, etc. Who has changed the whole scenario. But due to increasing use of smartphones, people are switching from web-based job portals to mobile apps because it is more user-friendly.
A job portal app can easily bridge the gap between recruiters and candidates. So, if you want to make your own job portal mobile app you need to understand the basic architecture of the app along with the technologies, best features and the cost of developing the app.
- Sign up/Register: Job seekers can create their profiles on the app by registering themselves using their mobile numbers or email id.
- Create/Upload Resume: Using this feature, candidates can write their resumes in a desired format and can upload them on the app.
- Job Search: Candidates can search for the jobs as per their requirement and can even filter their search by selecting the desired location, area of expertise, years of experience, expected salary and much more.
- Job Alerts: This feature alerts the users when any recruiter contacts them as per the requirements.
- Bookmark the Job: This is a significant feature as it allows candidates to bookmark the jobs for future references.
- Login: Recruiters can register themselves by creating a new account or through their email id credentials.
- Job Posting: With the help of this feature, recruiters can post the job as per the number of vacancies and the job requirements.
- Edit/Remove Jobs: This feature allows recruiters to edit or remove the job profiles as per their convenience.
- Track Applications: Recruiters can even keep a track of the job applications received.
- Job Invitation: Under this section, recruiters can send an invite to the desired applicant asking them for scheduling an interview to complete the recruitment process.
- Email Jobs: On the basis of urgent requirements, recruiters can directly send the emails to the desired candidate.
- Download Resume: This feature allows recruiters to download the resumes of the candidates which matches their requirements.
- Manage Job Ads: Admin can manage all the job ads posted by the recruiters.
- Profiles Management: This feature enables admin to manage the profiles of both the recruiters and the job seekers.
- Applicant and Employer Statistics: All the information related to the candidates and the employers is managed by the admin. How many people have received the job through the app is also analyzed and monitored by the admin.
- Reports Manager: All the information related with the job seekers, recruiters and the job offer listings are generated and checked by the admin to simplify the business operations.
- Rate and Review: Candidates can rate and review the recruiters and the app as well.
- Job Courses: This feature can allow candidates to avail different courses related to the job to improve their efficiency.
- Advanced Search: This section of the app can allow candidates and recruiters to search the relevant jobs, employers and job seekers.
- Online Chats: With the help of this feature candidates and recruiters can directly communicate with each other.
- Voice Calls: Job seekers and recruiters can call each other using the apps inbuilt calling facility.
- Subscription: Candidates can choose subscription packages to highlight their resumes and increase their chances of getting hired.
- Multiple Languages: This feature allows both candidates and recruiters to access the app using their preferred language.
How much does it cost to develop an On-Demand Job portal mobile app?
The cost developing a mobile application depends upon numerous factors, but a basic app with minimal features may cost you around $3000 to $5000. However, if you look for a highly advanced mobile app with some excellent features it would cost you more.
As the need for jobs has increased, it has contributed to the increased competition between the different job portal mobile apps. Hence, it becomes very important to develop an app which can endure in this competitive environment. So, you need to hire a skilled and expert mobile app development team to craft out your job portal app.
A seasoned Digital Marketer and a pro-blogger, Suprabhat loves writing about anything. He is working as a Digital Marketing Executive for Tech Pathway, a company that provide world-class social media and search marketing services and web & mobile app development.